ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New English Requirement 2015

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rickygeee
Newly Registered

New English Requirement 2015

Post by rickygeee » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:56 pm

Hi all,
Currently I am under Tier 1 (General) and completing 5 yrs of my stay in UK and planning to apply for my ILR very soon -
i have passed my PGD(Post Graduate Diploma) in UK and already awarded 10 points for my qualification on psw tier 1 inital and extension time
I have my PGD Diploma from wesminister university,
is that enough for English language requirement for ILR ?

some one told me we must have Degree in UK to claims 10 points and not PGD diploma (level 7)?
my qualification still shows in PBS and its awarded 10 points for english language
can i use PGD Diploma certificate to claim 10 points ??

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english
If your degree was taught or researched in English

You can prove your knowledge of English by having a degree that was taught or researched in English.

You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English

any guru?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: New English Requirement 2015

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:19 am

rickygeee wrote: my qualification still shows in PBS and its awarded 10 points for english language
If the PBS calculator awards 10 points under English language for your qualification then you may use it for settlement application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jaymandalia

Post by jaymandalia » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi,
I'm in a similar situation, the point based calculator that will be used is tier 2 (general) as there's no longer an option for tier 1 general? Am I correct?

Thanks,
Jay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:41 pm

jaymandalia wrote:will be used is tier 2 (general) as there's no longer an option for tier 1 general? Am I correct?
Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.