ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Claiming Housing Benefit affect your PR?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Manashah
Newly Registered

Does Claiming Housing Benefit affect your PR?

Post by Manashah » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:36 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife is an eea national (Romanian) and she is been working in UK since 2009 as self employee till 2014 and then doing job as an employee, and I've got resident document for 5 years which expire in 2017.

My question is can my wife apply straight nationality as she is been working here in uk for more than 6 years now.

Also don't take us wrong but we start getting some help from government which is child tax credit and discretionary housing help in paying rent just 2 month go, does that affect my And my wife's PR?

We got 1 boy together who is 4 year and 3 months.

Regards,

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: Does Claiming Housing Benefit affect your PR?

Post by Wise » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:49 am

She can apply for PR. Also after getting it she may do whatever she want regarding job wise, i don't think you people can get housing benefit as you the partner is working.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:17 pm

Manashah wrote:Hi everyone,

My wife is an eea national (Romanian) and she is been working in UK since 2009 as self employee till 2014 and then doing job as an employee, and I've got resident document for 5 years which expire in 2017.

My question is can my wife apply straight nationality as she is been working here in uk for more than 6 years now.

Also don't take us wrong but we start getting some help from government which is child tax credit and discretionary housing help in paying rent just 2 month go, does that affect my And my wife's PR?

We got 1 boy together who is 4 year and 3 months.

Regards,
Note: Before applying for the privilege of citizenship there is now a new requirement for to apply for & receive a 'confirmation of PR' card.
Just acquiring PR automatically (without also having a PR card) is no longer enough for naturalisation.

A lot of British citizens apply for & receive benefits too.

My understanding is its not compulsory to answer the 'Benefits' section of the EEA (PR) form (because it is not even compulsory to apply using the published PR form).

Merry Christmas.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:02 pm

noajthan ,

Please i just love your response to this question as it's a purely fact.

Merry xmas to you too.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.