ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa for Recently Naturalised British Passport Holder

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gagan1986

Spouse Visa for Recently Naturalised British Passport Holder

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:44 am

Hi,

I have received some conflicting information recently so thought to post it on here to get an accurate information.

I am of indian origin and recently got naturalised, received my british passport few months ago. Last month i decided to propose my girlfriend and got engaged in india(Indian passport holder and lives in india), planning to get married end of March 2016.

I was wondering what is the correct procedure to apply. Is it best to apply after the indian wedding in march 2016 or is there a way to apply now under 'engaged and intending to get married'? does something like that exists?

How long does it usually take to apply for her visa?

I look forward to hearing from you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa for Recently Naturalised British Passport Ho

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:49 am

There is a fiance visa which is valid for 6 months and you have to get married within the 6 months period. She would not be permitted to work on this visa. This is a visa for people wanting to get married in the UK and then switch to spouse visa on FLR(M). There is no 'boyfriend/girlfriend' type visa if that is your query.

Alternatively, get married and then apply for spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:54 am

Thanks for your swift response. Best we apply after we get married. We do fulfill all the requirements like my salary, her degree taught in english etc. Would you know how much the fee is for this and do we have to pay the health surcharge?
Also any idea how long does it take?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:12 pm

Health surcharge is £600 for the first 33 month visa and has to be paid before submitting application.

Visa application fee is £956, see Apply to Join Family in the UK (click)

This thread, Settlement Visa from India Timelines (click), to get an idea of the timelines.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Gagan1986 wrote: I was wondering what is the correct procedure to apply. Is it best to apply after the indian wedding in march 2016 or is there a way to apply now under 'engaged and intending to get married'? does something like that exists?
Back in the day of routine interviews, it was possible to submit the application before and attend the interview after the marriage. Nowadays, that doesn't seem to be possible. It could even have been a local practice peculiar to Bangkok.