ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recruitment Agency-in India for Job in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gaurav

Recruitment Agency-in India for Job in UK

Post by gaurav » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:50 pm

One of my friend in India has been touch with a recruitment agency based in India who are charging around £1500 for a job in United Kingdom.£1500 includes Job offer , work permit & visa fee and it is on "no win no fee" basis except the work permit fee of £190 fee in case of rejection-
My concern is is it legal to charge a candidate a fee for recruitment as it is illegal to charge a fee in United Kingdom to candidates, but on the other hand the company is India based and is not registered in United Kingdom .Is the company breaking any law???

deepak_sachdev25
Newly Registered

hey there

Post by deepak_sachdev25 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:57 pm

I was wondering what consultant are they going through. ther are a lot of quacks sitting out there who would cheat you off your money and make sure your misery. so next question would be how to judge good one from bad one.
well what matters the most is the consultants word of mouth publicity and not just by any one but from his own clients who are working ther and offcourse his credibility would be proven once the work is started and reaches a successful ending.
anywho,
I know of certain consultants good and bad both.
tell me which consultant are you guys approaching. I would let yo know if he or she is good or bad and also suggest alternatives once if you could tell me what kinda jobs are yo looking for......
take care
best of luck

vin123
Member of Standing

Re: Recruitment Agency-in India for Job in UK

Post by vin123 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:01 pm

gaurav wrote:Is the company breaking any law???
With the information you have provided, it is difficult to comment.
This type of business is certainly classified as "dodgy" in the UK.

They are not breaking any law as long as you are legitimately getting paid by the same company's UK office that files the work permit application in India. Or in other words, your UK payslip's company name should match with the workpermit company name. It is different for HSMP, since they permit freelancing.

"no win no fee", sounds like their proprietor is an ex-motor accident or personal injury claims solicitor :D :D

wade246
Newly Registered

Re: Recruitment Agency-in India for Job in UK

Post by wade246 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:59 pm

Gaurav, your friend has he been guranteed a job. i'd like to try this agency out. its worth a try. could you send me the agancy contact details.
gaurav wrote:One of my friend in India has been touch with a recruitment agency based in India who are charging around £1500 for a job in United Kingdom.£1500 includes Job offer , work permit & visa fee and it is on "no win no fee" basis except the work permit fee of £190 fee in case of rejection-
My concern is is it legal to charge a candidate a fee for recruitment as it is illegal to charge a fee in United Kingdom to candidates, but on the other hand the company is India based and is not registered in United Kingdom .Is the company breaking any law???

James.Dunlop
Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by James.Dunlop » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:58 pm

Hi Guys

This sounds illegal.

There are 2 issues here

1. The legality of charging the candidate for a job. This is illegal in the UK, but I believe OK in India. Also, even in the UK, a candidate can choose to pay workpermit / visa fees so that an employer is not discouraged from employing them. Overall, the £1500 charge is probably legal.

2. The validity of the permit. If the UK company sponsors you but does not have a job for you - ie so you pay £1500 and then come to the UK and work for someone else, then

a) The original permit application was flawed

b) You would be working illegally as the permit is employer-specific. To become legal you would need to be re-sponsored by the new employer.

If anyone has any queries about this sort of thing, please do not hesitate to e-mail me: James.Dunlop@workpermit.com. You could save yourself £1500 and a lot of stress.

Kind regards

James
James Dunlop

mailto:james.dunlop@jdunlop.com