ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brithsh Citizen - Dependent visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khaisar007
Newly Registered

Brithsh Citizen - Dependent visa

Post by khaisar007 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi Team,

I have question on Visa start date and date of travel.

I have got British Citizenship recently on Sep 2015 and my wife and daughter is in India and they are going to apply for Dependent Visa in few days.

My question is....after getting the visa say around Feb 2016. What will be maximum initial time period with in which they need to travel to UK else their visa will be Void?

My situation is my wife is carrying Child and she is 4 months pregnant now.

Like to know after getting visa on Feb 2016 can she travel on July 2016? Which is after 5 month from the date of visa grant? or is there any initial travel expiry period with in which they need to travel.

Regards,
Khaisar

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Brithsh Citizen - Dependent visa

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:38 pm

Applicants are now issued with a 30 days vignette. The applicant must travel to UK within those 30 days and collect their BRPs from the designated post office on the scheduled day.
If applicant cannot travel within the 30 days period for which the vignette is valid, they must apply for a new vignette.

So, apply only when your wife and child can travel within, as I call it, 30 days notice!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

khaisar007
Newly Registered

Post by khaisar007 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:09 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta.

1 more follow up question. If i go for new vignette say example my initial original one expired on March 30 2016.

Can i apply for new vignette for Aug 1st 2016? If yes then will the visa expiry count date will start from end of march 30 2016 or 1 Aug 2016?

khaisar007
Newly Registered

British citi-dependent visa for WIFE and child born in india

Post by khaisar007 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:23 am

Hi Team,

Can you please answer my below query?

I am a british citizen as on Sep 2015.

Both my wife and child(born in india - when i was on ILR) are in india now.

Going through the forum I understand the below. can you please check and guide me?

Question 1:
For both Wife and Child - Do i need to fill the information together in only 1 set of application containing { VAF4a, VAF4a ppendix 2, SU07/12) ?

or do I need to fill seperate forms for each wife and child seperately?can you please verify the form names also.

Wife - new and seperate application form containing { VAF4a, VAF4a ppendix 2, SU07/12)
Child - new and seperate application form containing { VAF4a, VAF4a ppendix 2, SU07/12)

Question 2

In site https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/account/ are the below settlement type correct for my child and wife?

Applicant Name : My child 1
Settlement : Child or Other Dependant of Settled Person

Applicant Name : My wife
Settlement : Wife

Regards,
Khaisar

vinny

Re: British citi-dependent visa for WIFE and child born in i

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:30 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

khaisar007
Newly Registered

Re: British citi-dependent visa for WIFE and child born in i

Post by khaisar007 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:34 am

Thanks Vinny for very quick reply... :D

Regards,
Khaisar

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:47 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

khaisar007
Newly Registered

VAF4A application form query

Post by khaisar007 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:08 pm

H,

Can you please answer the following?

I have below query while filling VAF4a application form for my wfe and child.

1) Both my wife and child doesn't have a surname\family name in passport, can i leave this field blank?
2) For financial evidence do i need to submit 2 set of evidence for each applicant wife and child. even if they are applying it together?

Regards,
Khaisar

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:19 pm

Please keep your queries about settlement visa in a single topic.

khaisar007
Newly Registered

Post by khaisar007 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:46 pm

Thanks Vinny.

Sure Sushdmehta. I will follow this practice and keep in mind.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: VAF4A application form query

Post by geriatrix » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:05 pm

khaisar007 wrote:1) Both my wife and child doesn't have a surname\family name in passport, can i leave this field blank?
2) For financial evidence do i need to submit 2 set of evidence for each applicant wife and child. even if they are applying it together?
1. Write the name exactly as it is in your current passport.
2. I think 2 application forms with 1 set of supporting documentation (evidences) to be included when 2 applicants are applying together. e.g. - you can't get two original payslips, can you?

khaisar007
Newly Registered

Post by khaisar007 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi Team,

I am applying for a visa for my child under - Settlement - Child or Other Dependant of Settled Person

There a section for Under 18: with following questions. and its confusing me. can you please help.

Please give details of your parents/guardian(s) in your home country? [My Wife(mother of child) details added]

Who are you travelling to the UK with? [child will be travelling with her mother]

Are you staying at a private address in the UK? I've selected YES because my child is going to stay at with me(Father) address . But there is no "Father" in the relationship tab. Any idea, should I select YES or NO?

khaisar007
Newly Registered

Post by khaisar007 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi Team - Any help on above question?