ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Addresses (Form AN) 3yr Spouse Route

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ibbie
Newly Registered

Previous Addresses (Form AN) 3yr Spouse Route

Post by Ibbie » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:07 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife will be applying for naturalisation this week as the spouse of a British Citizen.

The application form, in the previous addresses section, asks for addresses for the past 5 years. My wife arrived in the UK in Dec 2012 and has lived at one address since then.

Should we write her previous address overseas to cover the 5 years OR are they only concerned with addresses in the UK even though they don't cover the full 5 years?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

noajthan

Re: Previous Addresses (Form AN) 3yr Spouse Route

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:12 pm

Ibbie wrote:Hi everyone,

My wife will be applying for naturalisation this week as the spouse of a British Citizen.

The application form, in the previous addresses section, asks for addresses for the past 5 years. My wife arrived in the UK in Dec 2012 and has lived at one address since then.

Should we write her previous address overseas to cover the 5 years OR are they only concerned with addresses in the UK even though they don't cover the full 5 years?

Just addresses in UK - I think only 3 years is required anyway if the spouse of a BC.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Ibbie
Newly Registered

KoLL (Form AN) 3yr Spouse Route

Post by Ibbie » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi everyone,

She passed her IELTS test in Nov 2011 and used that for her visa application in June 2012 and ILR application in Feb 2015.

On the application form, we have ticked "I have passed the LITUK test and attach confirmation" and "I met the KoLL requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th Oct 2013". Is this correct?

Secondly, on the next question (1.23) should we tick "ielts SELT Consortium" and write IELTS Test Report Form Number in the space for "SELT unique electronic reference number"?
(I am not sure about the SELT bit as this is not mentioned anywhere on the test report).

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:17 pm

Neither the form nor the guidance mention only requiring 3 years for those applying as a spouse of a BC.

The application for my spouse has addresses for the last 5 years, although we moved to the UK in August 2012. The way we saw it is that if it's unnecessary then it can be ignored, or if they want to be pedantic then the information is there. The NCS person didn't mention the overseas addresses.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:44 pm

noajthan wrote:
Ibbie wrote:Hi everyone,

Just addresses in UK - I think only 3 years is required anyway if the spouse of a BC.
Correction: its absence history that only has to cover 3 years for spouse of BC.
Q2.2
Please give details of all absences from the United Kingdom during the last five years. If you
are married or in a civil partnership to a British citizen, give details for the last three years only
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: KoLL (Form AN) 3yr Spouse Route

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:25 pm

Ibbie wrote:She passed her IELTS test in Nov 2011 and used that for her visa application in June 2012 and ILR application in Feb 2015.

On the application form, we have ticked "I have passed the LITUK test and attach confirmation" and "I met the KoLL requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th Oct 2013". Is this correct?
Yes. Include IELTS certificate along with the application.

No SELT means 1.23 is to be left blank.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Ibbie
Newly Registered

Post by Ibbie » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:41 pm

Thank you for the guidance - really appreciated.

We will be sending the following documents with the application form:

Applicant's passport
Applicant's biometric card
Letter received when ILR was granted
LITUK test certificate
IELTS test certificate (expired but used for ILR)
Copy of all pages of spouse's passport
Marriage certificate
Payment slip

The case is hopefully straightforward - applicant entered UK in Dec 2012, has lived at one address since then, is a housewife and there has been one absence of 12 days with entry/exit stamps on passport. She was granted ILR in Apr 2015. Is there anything you feel we may have missed?

torikelly91
BANNED

Post by torikelly91 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:10 pm

When I applied via NCS, he told me as I'm applying get as Spouse of a BC, only 3 years address is required not 5. Therefore all I provided was 3 years and was approved.

Ibbie
Newly Registered

Post by Ibbie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:54 am

Ibbie wrote:Thank you for the guidance - really appreciated.

Applicant's passport
LITUK test certificate
Marriage certificate
Payment slip

The case is hopefully straightforward - applicant entered UK in Dec 2012, has lived at one address since then, is a housewife and there has been one absence of 12 days with entry/exit stamps on passport. She was granted ILR in Apr 2015. Is there anything you feel we may have missed?
Could someone advise please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:11 pm

Are you applying through NCS?

Is the IELTS test on the approved list and NOT an ESOL awarded test?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ibbie
Newly Registered

Post by Ibbie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:47 pm

CR001 wrote:Are you applying through NCS? No

Is the IELTS test on the approved list and NOT an ESOL awarded test? It is on the approved list but I don't think it was SELT at that time. It was passed in Dec 2011 and used for the visa and ILR applications.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: KoLL (Form AN) 3yr Spouse Route

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Ibbie wrote:On the application form, we have ticked "I have passed the LITUK test and attach confirmation" and "I met the KoLL requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th Oct 2013". Is this correct?
Yes.

When your wife has not taken a SELT exam, 1.23 is to be left blank (I believe it is self-explanatory)!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Ibbie
Newly Registered

Post by Ibbie » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:18 pm

Thank you for replying again to my previously answered question. If anyone could advise regarding my unanswered question:
Ibbie wrote:Thank you for the guidance - really appreciated.

Applicant's passport
LITUK test certificate
Marriage certificate
Payment slip

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:24 pm

Should be fine.

I would strongly suggest using NCS to apply so that you can keep your original documents, the fee is worth it and they check your form too. Some members on the forum have been waiting more than 6 months and still don't have approval yet. One member I recall has been waiting since May 2014 and still has no approval.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ibbie
Newly Registered

Post by Ibbie » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:52 pm

Thank you again - really appreciated :)

Just one more qs - do I need to include copies of all documents in addition to originals like we had to do for the ILR application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:28 pm

Ibbie wrote:Just one more qs - do I need to include copies of all documents in addition to originals like we had to do for the ILR application?
No
Char (CR001 not Casa)