ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Latvian Spouse Visa Requirements

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajib4u

Latvian Spouse Visa Requirements

Post by rajib4u » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:41 am

Hi,
My wife is Latvian citizen. She has been living in UK for last 4 years. I applied for eea family permit to join her in UK but got refused. Now I have decided to move to Latvia. But on their websites the requirements are not clear for the spouse of latvian citizens. Does my wife has to work in Latvia to sponsor me? Could some one help me regarding spouse application for Latvia. Thanks

khanmzk

Re: Latvian Spouse Visa Requirements

Post by khanmzk » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:18 pm

what was the reason of refusal?
You May see me struggling but you will never see me quitting

rajib4u

Post by rajib4u » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:19 pm

Hi you can check my past posts.. thanks

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:49 pm

@rajib4u i know its sometimes very frustrating to explain the same thing over and over again.like you said
i have gone through your previous posts your case is similar to bilal ahamd vs sshd

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/reflect ... 00436-iac/

You have a Genuine case like bilal ahmad but the only thing in the both cases is time spent with there partners
you do not have to prove anything to home office in regards to your direct relationship with EU citizen.But on
the other hand you have spent only 08 months in total with your spouse which is not enough to prove a long lasting relationship.It must be over 02 years of relationship the minimum i am not saying that is there excuse
to refuse you
but this happend in the past with quite a few cases like bilal ahmad and some of the other people that i know
personally.

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:00 pm

And also i guess your from bangladesh your point of contact will be swedish embassy in dhaka becuase
swedish embassy is representing Latvia in Dhaka.Check the link below call them or best thing is to email
them to find out the documents they need to grant you a visa as a spouse of latvian national.

http://www.swedenabroad.com/en-GB/Embas ... onsulates/

BEST OF LUCK......................

rajib4u

Post by rajib4u » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:24 pm

thanks khan.. yes i got really frustrated writing same things again and again.. i already been to swedish embassy in dhaka from where took the schengen visa.. hopefully will travel to sweden next year.. anyway my plan is now get a latvian spouse visa.. but i can imagine swedish embassy would direct me to the latvian website which says very little about the whole process...

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:55 pm

@rajib4u i think the best option in your case will be to move to one of the schengen countries and the good thing is you already have swedish schengen visa all your wife has to do is to find a work there and start excessing her treaty rights there .because by trying wasting time fighting UK Home office is of no use other EU countries will give you the resident card sooner or later but the chances are bright that they will not refuse your
application.

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:09 pm

try sending emails to these email addresses to find out accurate info about latvian spouse visa

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/na ... ing-abroad

i hope they will reply you from these email addresses..