ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TAX Returns amendments

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AlILR
Newly Registered

TAX Returns amendments

Post by AlILR » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:44 pm

Dear all,

I have sent my amendments in July and now they are sitting with compliance.

IS there anyone else who in the same situation i.e. amendments with compliance. And did they gave any date when it will be dealt with?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: TAX Returns amendments

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:47 pm

AlILR wrote:Dear all,

IS there anyone else who in the same situation i.e. amendments with compliance. And did they gave any date when it will be dealt with?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 92886.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tuntuna
BANNED

Post by tuntuna » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:23 am

HMRC aint updating any amendment beyond the 4 years time until January because of HMRC has got alerted of this sudden so many amendments request specifically 10/11 and they have escalate this issue to their top bosses which are now writing the new guidelines which is about the tax avoidance. HMRC is also well aware now that this amendments are happening because of UKBA checks so most probably they will start giving you a penalty or might prosecute you over this if your liability will be higher because this comes under the tax avoidance offence which they are taking more seriously as before

f317633

Post by f317633 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:54 am

tuntuna wrote:

HMRC aint updating any amendment beyond the 4 years time until January because of HMRC has got alerted of this sudden so many amendments request specifically 10/11 and they have escalate this issue to their top bosses which are now writing the new guidelines which is about the tax avoidance. HMRC is also well aware now that this amendments are happening because of UKBA checks so most probably they will start giving you a penalty or might prosecute you over this if your liability will be higher because this comes under the tax avoidance offence which they are taking more seriously as before
Tuntuna: do you have any source of this information that HMRC is not amending any tax returns beyond 4 years ? please provide the source of your information.

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:15 am

Tuntuna,

You must have read a post from Tier 1 forum where some uninformed person came up with this version of story. Please next time dont share anything without having a research.

f317633.

If you read the Higgs case on google its because of that they updating their guidelines NOT because of immigration. I had an extensive conversation with someone in authority in HMRC and I CAN CONFIRM YOU THERE IS NOTHING TO DO WITH IMMIGRATION. HMRC IS NON-MINISTERIAL DEPARTMENT AND THEY OPERATE UNDER QUEEN NOT MINISTER.

f317633

Post by f317633 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:20 am

bluecandi wrote:Tuntuna,

You must have read a post from Tier 1 forum where some uninformed person came up with this version of story. Please next time dont share anything without having a research.

f317633.

If you read the Higgs case on google its because of that they updating their guidelines NOT because of immigration. I had an extensive conversation with someone in authority in HMRC and I CAN CONFIRM YOU THERE IS NOTHING TO DO WITH IMMIGRATION. HMRC IS NON-MINISTERIAL DEPARTMENT AND THEY OPERATE UNDER QUEEN NOT MINISTER.
Thanks bluecandi for sharing this. I am quite sure that HMRC are still doing the amendments for year beyond 4 years including 2010-2011. can you confirm if this is not the case? just for the purpose of other forum members.

f317633

Post by f317633 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:27 am

f317633 wrote:
bluecandi wrote:Tuntuna,

f317633.

Thanks bluecandi for sharing this. I am quite sure that HMRC are still doing the amendments for year beyond 4 years including 2010-2011. can you confirm if this is not the case? just for the purpose of other forum members.
also, i read that the 4 year window period applies mainly for the repayment where the individual is claiming repayment from HMRC. It does not sound logical that if HMRC receives an amended tax return of even 5-6 years old where they are infact receiving the money from the individual in the form of additional tax plus interest plus penalty and they will reject to process it. I have not seen any government department who does not want to receive the payment due from the individual saying that it is beyond the 4 years window period. yes, I agree that this can be the case for repayments where the can refuse to process the amendment.

tuntuna
BANNED

Post by tuntuna » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:28 am

Tuntuna: do you have any source of this information that HMRC is not amending any tax returns beyond 4 years ? please provide the source of your information.[/quote]

Source is HMRC itself I rang them last Friday and spoke to the supervisor directly rather than a general advisor and he advised me that any returns they receiving beyond 4 years old the tax inspectors are not dealing by itself and they forwarding straight to compliance team directly which are actually an investigation department who catches and investigate the cases he also mentioned that this compliance team has also escalate this situation to further top level and they are now waiting for further guideline over this

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:43 am

f31633

I feel angry when some of these new boys in town start giving their opinion on something they dont have a clue about. :x

Dont worry about amendments it will be done. HMRC has nothing to do with IMMIGRATION. They collect taxes irrespective of nationality and immigration status.

AT THE MOMENT (Higgs Case) HMRC dont give refund if the tax return is beyond 4 years however they will take the payments from anyone even after 10 years. HMRC got a system called Discovery through which they can go back upto 20 years.

ANYONE OF YOU WANTS TO DEBATE HOW HMRC OPERATES SEND ME PM AND WE CAN HAVE CHAT. FOR GOD SAKE STOP POSTING WRONG INFORMATION HERE. THIS IS NOT A VIRTUAL GAMING FORUM.

tuntuna
BANNED

Post by tuntuna » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:32 am

bluecandi wrote:f31633

I feel angry when some of these new boys in town start giving their opinion on something they dont have a clue about. :x

Dont worry about amendments it will be done. HMRC has nothing to do with IMMIGRATION. They collect taxes irrespective of nationality and immigration status.

AT THE MOMENT (Higgs Case) HMRC dont give refund if the tax return is beyond 4 years however they will take the payments from anyone even after 10 years. HMRC got a system called Discovery through which they can go back upto 20 years.

ANYONE OF YOU WANTS TO DEBATE HOW HMRC OPERATES SEND ME PM AND WE CAN HAVE CHAT. FOR GOD SAKE STOP POSTING WRONG INFORMATION HERE. THIS IS NOT A VIRTUAL GAMING FORUM.
Hi bluecandi

I would advise you to re-read my post again before passing any comments plus also try to use your brain rather then going on words so let me help you out to understand here cause you might again miss the point

I never said that they will not amend what I said they wont do until January because they are waiting for the new guide lines.

Here comes the brain work which you forget to use it earlier :d

Reference to your so called Higg case which is a refund claim case don’t you think they can’t differentiate between overpaid & underpaid cases ? and do you think for overpaid & underpaid they wont have two different guide lines if you thinking that they have put underpaid cases on hold because of overpaid cases who are beyond the 4 years old so you may be living in fools heaven using your own words why they would deny to take money from you so indeed they would take it from you but now according to the new set guidelines which is all about the tax avoidance and that’s why they have start forwarded the case to compliance rather then doing by themselves

Killer14bean

Post by Killer14bean » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:49 am

Tuntuna,

usually new guidelines in the UK are published with a transition period i.e. phasing out the old policies and phasing in the new ones. Those who have already applied for amendments, they would never fall under the new guidelines even if they come in effect in Jan'16, which is very hard to digest considering HMRC receiving 10-15 applications per day for amendments and linking it to immigration and hence changing the guidelines to punish people who are voluntarily willing to pay money to HMRC just because of inefficient HO case workers who dont understand the complex tax system.

Dont you see this can become a big issue of abusing vulnerable and innocent people?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:54 am

Killer14bean wrote:Tuntuna,

usually new guidelines in the UK are published with a transition period i.e. phasing out the old policies and phasing in the new ones. Those who have already applied for amendments, they would never fall under the new guidelines even if they come in effect in Jan'16, which is very hard to digest considering HMRC receiving 10-15 applications per day for amendments and linking it to immigration and hence changing the guidelines to punish people who are voluntarily willing to pay money to HMRC just because of inefficient HO case workers who dont understand the complex tax system.

Dont you see this can become a big issue of abusing vulnerable and innocent people?
I see it as a big issue for those who have deliberately provided false tax records for and are now squirming like the proverbial worm on a hook...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

tuntuna
BANNED

Post by tuntuna » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:16 pm

Well I doubt here if the new policy wont affect to people who already have sent their amendment because if this was the case they would have to dealt it rather then forwarding to compliance, further they are not just bluntly forwarding cases to compliance team firstly they forward the case to relevant tax officer then TO does his calculation and then he forwards it to compliance team for further checks now question is why they forwarding to compliance rather then send the bill collect the money and close the case?

Well HMRC & HO are interlinked with each other so you never know whats going on between them. Already HO making a lot of enquiries to HMRC so who knows they may well aware of this issue (amendments)

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi ,

The best question here to put is :

" Please any one can come forward and narrate that he is successful in application ( Extension , ILR etc ) from HO after amending 4-5 years return just now " .
Thanks

Ali

Killer14bean

Post by Killer14bean » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Wanderer

I know people who are self employed and have been filing absolutely correct self assessments, HO logic of is a bit absurd.. income can fall into different tax years.. profits can change impacting the tax you pay.. tax computation is a complex thing.. i agree there are people who have misused the system but that does not mean everyone.. people are working in good jobs and have a lot at stake. be sensitive

love_uk1

Post by love_uk1 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:34 pm

hi

just 2 week ago i done my amendment within 10 weeks

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:44 pm

Wanderer wrote:

I see it as a big issue for those who have deliberately provided false tax records for and are now squirming like the proverbial worm on a hook...

Who cares what you think. You are one of those panic-quakes here. Stop posting irrelevant comments and dont waste our time. This is immigration forum not Tory discussion forum.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:02 pm

bluecandi wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

Who cares what you think. You are one of those panic-quakes here. Stop posting irrelevant comments and dont waste our time. This is immigration forum not Tory discussion forum.
Thanks for that love but WFT is a 'panic-quake'? :lol:

Nice to see the noobs laying down the law here.....

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Who cares what you think. You are one of those panic-quakes here. Stop posting irrelevant comments and dont waste our time. This is immigration forum not Tory discussion forum.[/quote]

Thanks for that love but WFT is a 'panic-quake'? :lol:

Nice to see the noobs laying down the law here.....[/quote]

So are you trying to be a lawmaker here? ... Thanks for that but we dont need one, there are enough useless like you sitting in Westminster.

Guys who send amendments to HMRC ignore people comments of irrelevant people. Do what you have to do HMRC DONT TAKE INSTRUCTIONS FROM UKBA.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:31 pm

bluecandi wrote:
Guys who send amendments to HMRC ignore people comments of irrelevant people. Do what you have to do HMRC DONT TAKE INSTRUCTIONS FROM UKBA.
No one is saying that, but UKVI will act on information gleaned from HMRC and apply their logic, that's the hole people may find in, innocent or guilty.

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:08 pm

Wanderer wrote:
bluecandi wrote:
No one is saying that, but UKVI will act on information gleaned from HMRC and apply their logic, that's the hole people may find in, innocent or guilty.
IGNORED

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:10 pm

bluecandi wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
bluecandi wrote:
IGNORED
That's an oxymoron. Look it up.

parwaz
Newly Registered

Post by parwaz » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:01 pm

uttam0884 wrote:hi

just 2 week ago i done my amendment within 10 weeks
Hi Uttam0884,

I am in a similar situation and sent my Tax amendment for 2010/2011 on 2/Nov/2015. I called HMRC twice and both time they said I will hear from them by 29th Jan 2016 and not any sooner. My current leave expires in first week of Feb-2016 which means it will be too late for me.

How did you get your returns amended so quick? What year was the tax return for? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks!

f317633

Post by f317633 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:08 am

I sent my 2010-11 amendments on 14th of Dec by next day delivery. Royal Mail confirms the delivery on 15th Dec. However when I called HMRC yesterday they said that it has not been uploaded or recorded in their system as being received. How much time generally it takes after they receive it to update in the system that documents have been received? Any idea?

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:18 am

HMRC will take atleast 3-4 weeks to upload them on the system and then there is waiting game.

Bcz its Christmas so things will be delayed so dont expect anything soon.