ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application with traffic offence and absences

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

choudy
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application with traffic offence and absences

Post by choudy » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi Guru's,

I am applying for my BC through NCS early next year, i have few queries but first please let me give a quick background - I am applying on the basis of 5 year Tier 1+1 year ILR, Did my Masters here, quit my job last year established a company in England and was off to india to setup a development team. As such i was out of the country for more than 90 days (164 days in total) in the final 12 months. Hence i am requesting to disregard these absences as it was solely for the purpose of business.

Also, to make things more complicated, I have a LC 20 traffic offence/conviction and 3 points to my name. exact date of conviction - 17 Feb 2010 and paid £115 in fine.

My queries:

1. Do i need to declare my traffic offence? especially when its been more than 5 years and i am asking to disregard my absence in the final 12 months?

2. Do i need to give my biometric details again as i had given them at the time of ILR application. I also have "the" card 8) . the reason i ask, i have to travel to india for a business immediately after the application and it will become very difficult for me to wait for a request letter for biometrics.

Trust me i tried to find answers before posting to these questions here and else where but there is so much mixed info that i really got confused.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by choudy on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

noajthan

Re: Naturalisation

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:02 pm

choudy wrote:Hi Guru's,

My queries:

1. Do i need to declare my traffic offence? especially when its been more than 5 years and i am asking to disregard my absence in the final 12 months?

2. Do i need to give my biometric details again as i had given them at the time of ILR application. I also have "the"' card 8) . the reason i ask, i have to travel to india for a business immediately after the application and it will become very difficult for me to wait for a request letter for biometrics.

Trust me i tried to find answers before posting to these questions here and else where but there is so much info that i really got confused.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
You may have to defer application until your absences fall within limits.

If in doubt declare convictions; HO caseworker will decide whether to disregard or not.

Biometrics will be taken from you again - be available.
If you miss the time window the application will fail.

Note you also need to prove you were physically present in UK 5 years (to the day) before date of application.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

choudy
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation application with traffic offence and abse

Post by choudy » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:22 pm

Thanks Noajthan,

May i know what ways are there to prove that i was present physically UK for the last 5 years? I was a contractor all these 5 years. will a letter from my accountant stating details of my earnings for the last 5 years suffice?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:09 pm

choudy wrote:Thanks Noajthan,

May i know what ways are there to prove that i was present physically UK for the last 5 years? I was a contractor all these 5 years. will a letter from my accountant stating details of my earnings for the last 5 years suffice?

Thanks
Present on the day (its in addition to the other requirement of proof of residency for 5 years).
A passport with entry stamps will suffice.

mz1101
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mz1101 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:24 am

Hi Guys,

I need your advise, i have a traffic conviction MS90 (Failure to furnish driver identity). I got convicted in Oct 2015. I am currently on ILR and eligible to apply for Naturalisation. Can i still apply for Naturalisation? Its a minor traffic offence to the best of my knowledge, do you think its worth trying or should i wait for another three years before it gets spent. I was going through the guidance notes and i read somewhere that the case worker may ignore a minor non-custodial conviction.

Please advise....

choudy
Newly Registered

Post by choudy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:39 am

thanks Noajthan.

I will post the outcome of my case in details in the future.

Thanks forum.... its actually doing a better job at addressing the concerns of the applicants than some of the HO guys.

Cheers

choudy
Newly Registered

Post by choudy » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:37 am

Hi Noajthan,

Two quick questions mate:

1. I have an NCS appointment on 4th of Jan 2016 and exactly 5 years ago i landed in UK i.e., 4th Jan 2011. strictly speaking i am ok here right?
2. normally, do we need to highlight the fact that i was physically present in UK on that day 5 years ago or jst leave it for the case worker to make it out from other documents of the application?

thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:17 am

choudy wrote:Hi Noajthan,

Two quick questions mate:

1. I have an NCS appointment on 4th of Jan 2016 and exactly 5 years ago i landed in UK i.e., 4th Jan 2011. strictly speaking i am ok here right?
2. normally, do we need to highlight the fact that i was physically present in UK on that day 5 years ago or jst leave it for the case worker to make it out from other documents of the application?

thanks
1) Day of travel is not counted in absence calculations so on that basis it must be counted as a day of presence in UK.
Personally I'd bump the NCS by a few days to be on safe side.

2) There's no specific question on this; leave it as an exercise for the caseworker.

choudy
Newly Registered

Post by choudy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:44 pm

thank you

choudy
Newly Registered

Post by choudy » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:42 am

Got my Citizenship approval letter today :D

thanks