ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What documents to collect from previous employer on Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

godistrue

What documents to collect from previous employer on Tier 2

Post by godistrue » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:39 am

Hi I done Tier 2 change of employer and successfully got visa and going to start job with new employer in next week. I have already given notice to my current employer which my job is ending on this week. What documents I need to collect from my current employer. Could any one please let me know what documents I need and any sample format of the documents. Also do my previous employer need to notify UKBA about I am leaving job, as they don't have any knowledge of these.

Rambo_ILR
India

Re: What documents to collect from previous employer on Tier

Post by Rambo_ILR » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:10 am

It’s good to have an employment reference letter when you leave. And for visa purpose ask them to provide your holiday entitlement and what dates you left UK and returned back for either personal or business travel. Your current salary, employment start date, Job title and your old BRP number in official letter.

Yes, once you resign the job they will notify UKVI. But you can start to work for new employer as soon as complete your notice period.

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Could you please share a sample letter or format of annual leave entitlement

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:47 pm

Rambo_ILR wrote:But you can start to work for new employer as soon as complete your notice period.
One cannot start work under new sonsor before the "start of employment" date mentioned in the CoS.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!