ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT Return Issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sukhdeep

IT Return Issue

Post by Sukhdeep » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:06 am

Hi friends

I am planning to apply for HSMP

For salary proofs:
nov2006-march2007 (5 months)
I have salary slips, salary certificate, Bank statement, IT return acknowledgement.

from april2007-oct2007(7 months)
I have all except IT return

is this fine ?

one of my friend is suggesting me to wail till april2008 and then file IT return and then go for HSMP

I am so confused: should I go for it right now or should I wait.
Everyone please give your valuable suggestions.

Guys having similar case who have already applied for HSMP , please tell me ur experience , did you faced some trouble??

I will be very thankful to you guys..

insert12
Newly Registered

Post by insert12 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:34 pm

2 earning avedience are required , if u are not able to submit ur whole claimed year ITR den it doest means ur not eligible ... i think ur earning avedience doest sound harm ... cheerz

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:27 pm

You need two forms of evidence for IT.

Since you only have your tax returns until March 2007, arrange for two different sources of information for the remaining months. The ideal situation for this would be:

1. Salary slips - signed and stamped, if required - for the period April 2007 through to November 2007 (or whenever you deem your 12 months to be).

2. A "provisional" IT calculation statement for the period April 2007 through to November 2007 (or whenever), also signed and stamped by your employer.

3. If either of these is unavailable, your Bank statements showing credit of the said amounts.

There is no point in waiting until April 2008. If you think you qualify now, go for it!

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:38 pm

Sorry...

Just to add to my earlier note... I got my HSMP only recently and my consideration period was September 2006 to August 2007. I submitted my IT return for the period until March 2007.

For the remaining period, I submitted my Salary slips, IT sheet until that period (both signed and stamped by my then employer) and also submitted my bank statements, as an add-on.

Finally, in the application form as well as in the covering letter, I mentioned what I did - i.e., submitted the above documents because my IT Tax Year did not match my consideration period.

Hope this helps.

Sukhdeep

Post by Sukhdeep » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:07 am

thanks a lot friends...

thanks a lot

I will go for HSMP right now...

Sukhdeep

Post by Sukhdeep » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:36 am

Friends, regarding "provisional IT calculation statement"

is it just a document on companys letter-head telling how much income tax (TDS) company have deducted from my salary till now after april 2007. And then signed and stamped by company.

Does it have any specific format??

Can someone provide me a sample of this???

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:25 pm

There is no specific format for this. It is just a tabular statement and looks similar to a Form 16, and mentions the gross pay, net pay, any other income / deductions etc and ofcourse the tax calculated on the income.

Please note that the sum of the individual numbers from your salary slips should be equal to that reflected in this interim IT sheet. Any difference here and the HO will return it, as it happened with one of the persons who posted here.

Have this signed and stamped by your employer.

If you really need a format, I would suggest you to pick any Form 16, key in the current figures until Nov 2007 or so and voila!

prem12

Post by prem12 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:25 pm

I would say , do not submit such a document. This will do nothing other than confusinig CW.

Get a simple letter from the company stating the gross salaries of each month.
________
Kissing advice advice