ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk tourist visa - how difficult

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aneg07
Newly Registered

Post by aneg07 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:17 am

Hi, can someone share his experience in applying for a UK tourist visa from India?
I applied few months ago - i was going alone - and i got refused,
Now i'm thinking to apply again because i'd like to spend Christmast and the New Year's day In London in december.
Is it difficult for a single man to go alone for holiday in UK?
I will be not alone because i have friends there.
Could someone share his experience?

thanks

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:18 pm

What country are you from?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:13 pm

If you are a single male between the ages of 20-50 from countries like India,Pakistan or Africa...It will be a miracle to receive a tourist visa unless you show some really solid proof that you have much to lose if you dont go back to your native country. That said, HSMP route can be the way to go if you want to apply for work.

aneg07
Newly Registered

Post by aneg07 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:37 am

[quote="archigabe"]If you are a single male between the ages of 20-50 from countries like India,Pakistan or Africa...It will be a miracle to receive a tourist visa unless you show some really solid proof that you have much to lose if you dont go back to your native country. That said, HSMP route can be the way to go if you want to apply for work.[/quote]

...It means that i MUST to get married, at least, if i want to visit UK?
:?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:03 am

You've got to satisfy all the Requirements for a visitor under the Rules.

Common visa denials (as shown in this US example) may be due to insufficient 'strong ties' to the home country, making it doubtful that the person is a genuine visitor who will be returning home.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aneg07
Newly Registered

Re: Uk tourist visa - how difficult

Post by aneg07 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:57 am

[quote="vinny"]You've got to satisfy all the [url=http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... oint%20two]Requirements for a visitor under the Rules[/url].

Common [url=http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/denia ... _1361.html]visa denials[/url] (as shown in this US example) may be due to insufficient 'strong ties' to the home country, making it doubtful that the person is a genuine visitor who will be returning home.[/quote]

I know this rule, and i showed my position at the time of my first applying: a letter from my employer stating my contract, my annual salary..., documentations about my properties, my salary slip and so and so....
But at that time i wasn't been abroad before and i had no visa on my passport.
Maybe this was the problem....
By the way, last time i was forced to change my plan and i went abroad in a different country to spend my holiday.
But this time.. i'd like to meet my friend in London and spent Christmas with them: do u think i am loosing my time applying again? They will probably deny me again visa because of the first refusal?