ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding ILR VISA

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vam
Newly Registered

Regarding ILR VISA

Post by vam » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:59 am

Hi,

I am about to apply for ILR in Feb 2016, i came across few changes from 19th Nov 2015 regarding English language requirement.

From Last 5 year, I am in Tier 1 General Visa and used my post graduation for English Language.
Kindly please help me to understand can I still do the same?

And during these 5 years I did contracting for 1 year in 2011-12, and in Mar 2013, I had Tier 1 extension without any issues, and from 2013 to till date I am in a permanent role.

I would like to know do I need to take my last 5 years of income details and letter from HMRC regarding my tax contributions ? or last 12 months of payslips are sufficient.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Regarding ILR VISA

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:03 am

FAQs for ILR - Tier 1G/Tier 2/WP/HSMP - Read before posting
FAQs - English language requirements for settlement

Did you claim points for income from self-employment when you applied for extension? Are your tax affairs in order for the year you were self-employed? If so, take relevant documentation with you (e.g. - self assessment, SA-302 etc.) if applying at PSC or include it in your application if applying by post.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vam
Newly Registered

Re: Regarding ILR VISA

Post by vam » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:31 pm

sushdmehta wrote:FAQs for ILR - Tier 1G/Tier 2/WP/HSMP - Read before posting
FAQs - English language requirements for settlement

Did you claim points for income from self-employment when you applied for extension? Are your tax affairs in order for the year you were self-employed? If so, take relevant documentation with you (e.g. - self assessment, SA-302 etc.) if applying at PSC or include it in your application if applying by post.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, Yes I claimed points during my extension and there are no tax issues.
But the limited company from last 2 years is 100% owned by my wife, as I started a permanent job from 2013.

should I need to prepare for anything.

Thank you.

vam
Newly Registered

Re: English Rule update

Post by vam » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:51 pm

Can you please help what option should i tick in Section 4 of SET O form, as it doesn't have PBC relevant option, attached screenshot.

Thank you again.
Attachments
Section 4.GIF
Set O form
Section 4.GIF (42.79 KiB) Viewed 704 times

vam
Newly Registered

Evidence for all work related absences

Post by vam » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:06 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply for ILR based on my Tier 1 Gen category Mar 2016.

1) When did you first enter UK?
I entered uk in Tier 2 ICT visa in Jan 2011 and applied for Tier 1 General Visa in Mar 2011 while being in
the UK.
As I am applying for ILR based on Tier 1 General visa, what date I need to enter?
will it be Tier 2 ICT entry date or Tier 1 Gen visa approval date?

2)As part of documents, I need to submit evidence of all work-related absences including paid annual leave.

some of the leaves were taken while working in previous company i.e. in 2011, in that case, how can I take any employment letter for paid annual leave?

your inputs will be of great help.

Thank you,
Vam