ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving from UK to Australia

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bickpicka
Newly Registered

Moving from UK to Australia

Post by bickpicka » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:39 pm

Hi all

My partner and i are trying to migrate to australia!! im 27 he is 28.

We are trying to go under the "skilled – Independent (Migrant) visa (subclass 175)" - A permanent visa for people with skills in demand in the Australian labour market. Applicants are not sponsored and must pass a points test.

Advice needed please!

My blokie is the one who will come under this, Graphic Pre-Press Trade and me just being a boring PA/administrator will have to hope he gets it!! We've been together for donkeys years and own a house together, so although we're not married we have loads of proof that we are a 'proper' couple!!

do you have any info about the TRA, how does it get complted? How fully and how many pages?

Do you recommend using one of the many visa advisory services rather than just doing it on our own? Have any of you moved without their help (and saved yourself some money?!)

Can i have your opinions on doing it with and without their help please.

Can you recommed any company in particular? why did you choose them? There are millions!! i dont know where to start, i know its best to go to someone who has been recomended...

Can you give me your time frames from when you applied and when it was accepted and when you actually moved?!

I know its easier to go to SA, like Adelaide than Perth and Sydney etc, how easy is it to go there?

Any other help, tips and advice would be gratefully appreciated!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

sjunaidn
Newly Registered

Post by sjunaidn » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:27 am

All I can say is that the Australian government recognises civil partnerships.

As long as you can show that both of you have been living together at the same address and filing taxes together (he shows you as his partner in tax returns and you show him as your partner in tax returns) the Australian gov will accept it as a valid proof of your partnership.