ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Please help

Post by RAJ2007 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:46 pm

My appeal was allowed recently. HO didn't ask for review within 5 working days. Therefore i am waiting for HO to ask for my passport for stamping.
1. I wonder if anyone could tell me that how long i have to wait for HO to contact me?

2. If they don't contact me within certain period of time do I need to chase HO through my MP?

3. Also after I send my passport how long do they take to stamp the passport?

4. Since they have not asked for review within 5days from the day of deemed receipt of determination, do I understand that I have won the appeal and Ho will not be able to ask for a review at a later date?

Please help.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:57 pm

How long ago did you hear the result of the appeal hearing?

And in which country was the application made?

What sort of visa was being applied for?
John

LUCKY1
Newly Registered

appeal

Post by LUCKY1 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:04 pm

hi,
am in same situation wot i know after determination HO has 5 days to appeal if is in country like mine. i was told after that i have to wait atleast 3 months for HO to contatct me as it says on home office site ,am i in clear
a

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:42 pm

in same situation wot i know
For goodness sake, make an effort!

"wot"?

In other posts you use u and ur and generally go out of your way to sound like a imbecile mobile phone suffering diarrhoetic textitus.

If you can't be bothered to talk properly it would serve you right if nobody bothers to answer your question.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:42 am

[quote]How long ago did you hear the result of the appeal hearing?

And in which country was the application made?

What sort of visa was being applied for?[/quote]

I heard the result 7 working days ago. It was in-country student visa extension.

Could someone please answer my initial queries.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:55 am

HO didn't ask for review within 5 working days. Therefore i am waiting for HO to ask for my passport for stamping.
What I have found from visa application/IAT hearings and HO responses is that the HO are often lethargic in submitting papers, making their case and presenting and defending their position. They must lose a lot of cases because of this tardiness. However, don't be fooled into believing that they've given up. They have large sums of money at their disposal to waste on recovering from mistakes they shouldn't have made in the first place. They can (and sometimes do) go through the trouble of finding pretexts on which they can back pedal and go back to court. Even if they don't do that they aren't going to be straining at the leash to implement the court order. In fact, my suspicion is that their general practice is to ignore such orders and wait for you to harass them. Even that does not always get results. I know of one case where someone just gave up trying to get the HO to follow a court order because the only way he could force them was to go for a judicial review at a potential cost of £10-£20,000.

How long do you need to wait for them to ask you for your passport?
Ans = Forever

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but don't take it lightly, don't assume you've won anything, and don't assume the HO plays fair. Keep fighting.