ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jendor
Newly Registered

EEA Family Member

Post by Jendor » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:15 am

Hello everyone, I came to UK January 2010 with my wife she is from Portugal and I am from Ghana. I got EEA family visa when I was coming to the UK. I applied for residence card that same year and I got my 5 years residence same year in 2010. My wife and I live together since that time, This year we have completed 6 years in UK and we both working since 2010. I need your advice she want to apply for British passport this year can we both apply together? or I have to apply for PR first. someone told me I can skip the PR since have completed 6 years non stop of working in UK.

My questions are..

1, Can my wife apply alone?
2, Can we apply together?
3, Do I need to apply for PR first or I can still skip it?
4, She has residence already issued by HO without date of expire does that represent permanent residence for her?

I will be glad to hear from anyone regards to my issue.

Thanks.

noajthan

Re: EEA Family Member

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:03 am

Jendor wrote:Hello everyone, I came to UK January 2010 with my wife she is from Portugal and I am from Ghana. I got EEA family visa when I was coming to the UK. I applied for residence card that same year and I got my 5 years residence same year in 2010. My wife and I live together since that time, This year we have completed 6 years in UK and we both working since 2010. I need your advice she want to apply for British passport this year can we both apply together? or I have to apply for PR first. someone told me I can skip the PR since have completed 6 years non stop of working in UK.

My questions are..

1, Can my wife apply alone?
2, Can we apply together?
3, Do I need to apply for PR first or I can still skip it?
4, She has residence already issued by HO without date of expire does that represent permanent residence for her?

I will be glad to hear from anyone regards to my issue.

Thanks.
Not sure what that someone was talking about.

Before applying for a British passport any adult will first need to be naturalised as a citizen.
That is a separate step.

To apply for the privilege of citizenship now (since last November) requires evidence (from EEA nationals & dependents) of PR in the form of a confirmation of PR card.

1) To naturalise? or for confirmation of PR card? Yes, wife can apply alone.

2) For confirmation of PR? Yes, you can apply alone.

3) Yes, cannot be skipped.

4) Not enough information to comment.
(What was applied for, what was granted, what did any official letter say?)
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sandy88

Post by sandy88 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:07 am

hi Jendor
good morning

you have not mentioned when did you obtain your eea residence card. but anyway you have to complete that 5 year and at end of 5 year you will need to apply for PR using the form EEA PR which cost £65. after 1 year obtaining PR you will be eligible for Citizenship by submitting relevant documents.

your wife EEA national have to confirm the PR status by applying EEA PR first by submitting her ID and continuous treaty rights in the UK. As same she needs to wait for 1 year after PR to apply for citizenship.

Regards

Jendor
Newly Registered

Post by Jendor » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:22 pm

Good day.

Thanks guys for your reply. regards to my wife she has Residence Documentation EEA no expire date. and my own residence will expire this month end. My wife want to Naturalize so that she can get British passport should I wait till she get her British and I can apply for Naturalization too.

My questions are ..

1, Do we have to have PR both of us before Naturalization?

2, My wife has Residence Documentation EEA state no expire does that represent PR for her?

3 By new law do I have to apply for PR before I can apply for Naturalization even if my wife statue changed to British in future?

4, In my own case I will clock 6 years legally here in UK by the end of January , should I go for PR or wait for my wife to get British passport and I can use British law to get my since am over 5 years?

Your advice will be very grateful .

Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:04 pm

4, In my own case I will clock 6 years legally here in UK by the end of January , should I go for PR or wait for my wife to get British passport and I can use British law to get my since am over 5 years?
You still need proof PR, there is no to avoid this if you want to apply for citizenship. The rules changed on 12th November 2015.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:32 pm

What your wife has is just a registration blue card which as a Portuguese she doesn't have to had it anyway

With the new changes last year.
BOTH OF YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD FIRST. STRATEGY TO MAKE MORE MONEY BY THE HO.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

Gisiane
Newly Registered

Post by Gisiane » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi you all.
Can I use my Registration Certificate as a proof of residence in UK ?

The reason about this question is :

I have a blue card Registration Certificate since 2006. ( No expire date ). I am a Italian Citizen.
I was looking to apply for my daughter of 1 year and 6 months a British passporte.

I understand one of the things I need to provide to Home Office is a 5 years residence in UK, but since 2006 ( 9 years up to now ) I have been changes jobs from employed to self employed and I wont be able to provide 5 continuos P60s or even 5 P60s ( kkkkkk )

Just in case than I can not use this blue card, is there anyother way to proof that I have been exercising Threaty Rights from HMRC ?

I appreciate if anyone could answer me please........

Thank you