ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

musheer1812

Naturalisation Documents

Post by musheer1812 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:45 pm

HI Experts

As i have received your expertise thus far thank you .
I am a ILR holder since 14 May 2014.i hope i am eligible for naturalisation
I was on Tier 1 Gen before for 5 years 3+2 then ILR on 14 May 2014 .

Please can you tell me what documents i need get the British passport i researched online and found that i need the NCS service need to fill be AN application and apply through post .

1st question can this be done an quicker like a PEO application like i did for ILR ?
2ND question . Documents i have is
INDIAN PASSPORT which covers 5 years of my stay here / i have not travelled abroad for more than 50 days last year 2015
ILR BIO CARD /
LIFE IN THE UK TEST CERTIFICATE /
Esol test certifate which i wrote back in 2009 and is expired know /
I AM employed full time do i need anything from the employer ??? if so what and how many years
i have full driving licence no points should i add this

do i have to get any bank statements? as this is in O/D know
do i have to get council tax statements ? can be done
do i have attach any payslips for last 1 year ? can be done as working full time or for how many years .

any other docs please advise
Please your help is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Musheer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Documents

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:38 pm

1st question can this be done an quicker like a PEO application like i did for ILR ? No, there is no PEO (now PSC) service for citizenship.
2ND question . Documents i have is
INDIAN PASSPORT which covers 5 years of my stay here / i have not travelled abroad for more than 50 days last year 2015 Including the passport you entered the UK on.
ILR BIO CARD /
LIFE IN THE UK TEST CERTIFICATE /
Esol test certifate which i wrote back in 2009 and is expired know / ESOL is no longer accepted. See This FAQs link (click)
I AM employed full time do i need anything from the employer ??? if so what and how many years No. The form asks for PAYE reference number and your HR department can give you that.
i have full driving licence no points should i add this Not necessary

do i have to get any bank statements? as this is in O/D know No
do i have to get council tax statements ? can be done No
do i have attach any payslips for last 1 year ? can be done as working full time or for how many years . No.
Have you read the AN guide and the AN booklet or done any research?

NCS does not complete the form. They only check the form and they copy your documents and send the application for you and give you your original documents back. If you apply by post, you have to send all your original documents and get them back once a decision is made (a few months)

The date of application is the date of your appointment with NCS or if you apply by post, the date that HO receives it. You must make sure that on the date of your application that you were physically in the UK on exactly the same date 5 years ago. If you were not, your application will be refused.

Absence limits for citizenship is no more than 450 days absence in the 5 years immediately before application date and no more than 90 days absence in the 12 months immediately before date of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

musheer1812

Post by musheer1812 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:57 pm

Dear Sir
Thank you very much for the detailed response below i can confirm i am confident to apply and no sir i have not done any research up until know i will do know but based on what you have advised i dont think i need it.

Summarised .

I would use the ncs service
Complete AN application
PASSPORT I HAVE ONLY ONE SINCE I ENTERED THE UK
ILR BIO CARD
LIFE IN THE UK TEST CERTIFICATE

SIR I CHECKED MY PAYSLIPS I DONT HAVE THE PAYE NUMBER IN THE SLIP . WHAT SHOULD I DO ?? What is this anyway and were can i get if this absolutely necessary .

Total in 6.5 years i have been only to india and for a period of 198 in total so that is good.

I have only worked for 2 companies in 6.5 yrs in good implementation roles FT and reputed MNC such as American express .

I will make sure i am in UK at the time of application as i will go through NCS .so np there

Just out of curiosity how much is the fess for PSC and i can apply for this naturalization with the above documents .

Kindest Regards,
Musheer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:43 pm

I am a lady not a sir

Please take the time to read the form and guidance notes. The Citizenship FAQs (click) is also helpful.
musheer1812 wrote: Summarised .

I would use the ncs service
Complete AN application
PASSPORT I HAVE ONLY ONE SINCE I ENTERED THE UK
ILR BIO CARD
LIFE IN THE UK TEST CERTIFICATE
You need an approved English B1 Level language test. See this link (click)

SIR I CHECKED MY PAYSLIPS I DONT HAVE THE PAYE NUMBER IN THE SLIP . WHAT SHOULD I DO ?? What is this anyway and were can i get if this absolutely necessary . It is on your P60 or you can ask your company HR department can give you the detail. Please read the AN form to understand what it asked and yes, it is required if you are working.

Just out of curiosity how much is the fess for PSC and i can apply for this naturalization with the above documents . There is NO PSC service for naturalisation. You can only apply by post or through NCS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

musheer1812

Post by musheer1812 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:11 pm

Dear Sir

Thank you for your kind and humble replies which is much appreciated .

I will ask my HR to provide me that PAYE number .

and for the English. I have written a another exam also back in 2011 IELTS and passed with 6.5 score which is also know expired but at that time for TIER 1 gen visa it was added in points calculator should this suffice or i need to write a new english test whch i can do np at all for this.

Kindest Regards,
Musheer

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:08 pm

musheer1812 wrote:Dear Sir

Thank you for your kind and humble replies which is much appreciated .

I will ask my HR to provide me that PAYE number .

and for the English. I have written a another exam also back in 2011 IELTS and passed with 6.5 score which is also know expired but at that time for TIER 1 gen visa it was added in points calculator should this suffice or i need to write a new english test whch i can do np at all for this.

Kindest Regards,
Musheer
Why people normally think that moderator is always a male. She corrected you but you still repeating the same :D

If you cant find your tax reference number, write tax office address instead.

For English language I don't think your previous 2011 IELTS is applicable this time. You should either go for UK NARIC option or HO approved English language test like IELTS SELT/Trinity College London.

Please read AN form/ Guidance and Booklet thoroughly.

musheer1812

Post by musheer1812 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi Sorry must have missed that one and thanks for pointing out to me . :D

I am a bit confused with this English test ..

I obtained 10 points for my IELTS while processing my Tier 1 gen visa back in 2011 and used the pbs calculator
should this not suffice.

please could you advise.

Kind Regards,
Musheer