ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN application - WRS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Annaka
Newly Registered

AN application - WRS

Post by Annaka » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:27 pm

Could someone help me please.

I have submitted my application few months ago, as a EEU member.

In a meantime I have realised that I have registered myself with Work registration Scheme in 2005, after a few months I have stopped my work.

I myself have never contacted with Work Registration scheme myslef. I am hoping that my next ( current )employer did that. However, I am not sure if that happened.

What could happen to me, I was not aware that I should inform WRS of the job change. I have been working since 2006 in the same employement.

1. Will I receive a penalty ( civil / criminal?)

2. Will my citizenship application be refused?

I not only worry about the refusal of my application, but also about the other implications of not informing Work Registration Scheme of a job change.

I am working for a local authoriy I am hoping that maybe I filled the form there. But I am not sure.

PLEASE HELP

noajthan

Re: Application Refused - no classed as Permanently Resident

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:32 pm

Annaka wrote:Could someone help me please.

I have submitted my application few months ago, as a EEU member.

In a meantime I have realised that I have registered myself with Work registration Scheme in 2005, after a few months I have stopped my work.

I myself have never contacted with Work Registration scheme myslef. I am hoping that my next (current )employer did that. However, I am not sure if that happened.

What could happen to me, I was not aware that I should inform WRS of the job change. I have been working since 2006 in the same employment.

1. Will I receive a penalty ( civil / criminal?)

2. Will my citizenship application be refused?

I not only worry about the refusal of my application, but also about the other implications of not informing Work Registration Scheme of a job change.

I am working for a local authoriy I am hoping that maybe I filled the form there. But I am not sure.

PLEASE HELP
1) No / No.

Note WRS ended in 2011.

2) Possibly, if you have not shown you have been continuously exercising treaty rights for 5 years as a qualified person (as well as meeting all other requirements for citizenship).

If not registered properly for WRS then your time as a worker (in the period up to 2011) won't have counted as exercising treaty rights and so your PR clock would not be considered to have been running at that time.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Annaka
Newly Registered

Post by Annaka » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:54 pm

Dear Noajthan,

Thank you very much for your reply.

With regard to my questions about any penalties for not informing WRS of a job change. Are you sure that I will not receive any penalties/ conviction for failing to do that etc?

I know that WRS is not longer in use. But Could HO / Work Permit section prosecute me for not informing them?

I am still hoping that maybe I filled the form :/.

Will I have a status of illegall worker (breaking an imigration law) for that period of time up to 2011 ( if I didnt inform WRS)?

Will that have an impact on my state pension?

I am gutted :/. I have paied all my bills on time, have been an honest and a good employee / resident for years.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Annaka wrote:Dear Noajthan,

Thank you very much for your reply.

With regard to my questions about any penalties for not informing WRS of a job change. Are you sure that I will not receive any penalties/ conviction for failing to do that etc?

I know that WRS is not longer in use. But Could HO / Work Permit section prosecute me for not informing them?

I am still hoping that maybe I filled the form :/.

Will I have a status of illegal worker (breaking an immigration law) for that period of time up to 2011 (if I didnt inform WRS)?

Will that have an impact on my state pension?

I am gutted :/. I have paied all my bills on time, have been an honest and a good employee / resident for years.
Well if you filled in the forms you should have received a certificate.

But do relax, you are just scaring yourself.

I'm not aware of such penalties on workers.
For example, noone in the forum is reporting being prosecuted or deported for an incomplete registration in the WRS.

(Employers on the other hand did face penalties for mishandling / misuse of the scheme).

fwiw - if you didn't register for WRS properly or completely my interpretation would be that is a technicality rather than an illegality.

The only 'penalty' may be a refusal of any current application &/or a delay for you acquiring PR in the future (and then having a shot at the privilege of citizenship).

If you are a tax (& NI) payer then your pension will be fine. No impact on that at all.
PS If you want an estimate of it see: https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-statement

Annaka
Newly Registered

Post by Annaka » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:44 pm

Dear Noajthan,

Thanks again for your prompt response.

I am sad about my application, as I know that my application could be refused , and 1000 POUND spent is a lot of money:(. I am slighlty upset that no one from NCS which I used didnt even look / comment on that.

I have a WRS certificate but only with the name of my first employer. As work agency who was my first employer gave me all forms and send the WRS application.

I dont remember ever discussing WRS with my current employer.

Do you or anyone else here know where should I turn to to clarify the situation? How to check if I fulfilled or WRS requirements? Do I need to contact with Home Office or WorkPermit?

Will I be able to apply again for a british citizenship?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:48 pm

Annaka wrote:Dear Noajthan,

Thanks again for your prompt response.

Do you or anyone else here know where should I turn to to clarify the situation? How to check if I fulfilled or WRS requirements? Do I need to contact with Home Office or WorkPermit?
Some members have mentioned (in posts in this forum) emailing 'somewhere' to check on their WRS status.
Not sure if such a service still exists as WRS itself has long since been ended.

This similar case may help prepare you for the worst:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1275858

noajthan

Re: AN application - WRS

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:09 am

Found this information leaflet on WRS.

It is old but it contains some helpline numbers.
They may or may not still be valid.

See https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 1844,d.d24

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Hi,

As an EEA member of myself, you needed to have WRS card but you won't get any penalty if you don't have however your application is likely to be refused.

rjpantherwalks
Newly Registered

Post by rjpantherwalks » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:59 pm

I just want to ask can someone explain what does this mean?

An A8 worker who has worked legally in continued registered employment for 12 months or more without interruption (i.e. periods of unemployment must not total more than 30 days in any 12 month period) is entitled to full free movement rights and is no longer required to register. Upon completion of 12 months registered work, their R2R will determined in the same way as other EEA nationals.

Does this mean if the EU national had an interrupted 12 months or more, he does not need to register for another WRS in his next job? :?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:08 pm

rjpantherwalks wrote:I just want to ask can someone explain what does this mean?

An A8 worker who has worked legally in continued registered employment for 12 months or more without interruption (i.e. periods of unemployment must not total more than 30 days in any 12 month period) is entitled to full free movement rights and is no longer required to register. Upon completion of 12 months registered work, their R2R will determined in the same way as other EEA nationals.

Does this mean if the EU national had an interrupted 12 months or more, he does not need to register for another WRS in his next job? :?
After an uninterrupted 12 months on WRS then yes that's correct (as per my understanding).

rjpantherwalks
Newly Registered

Post by rjpantherwalks » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:44 pm

noajthan wrote:
rjpantherwalks wrote:I just want to ask can someone explain what does this mean?

After an uninterrupted 12 months on WRS then yes that's correct (as per my understanding).

Thanks, I hope we understood it right :)