ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 to ILR (Employer Letter)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yogesh_81
India

Tier 1 to ILR (Employer Letter)

Post by yogesh_81 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:22 am

Although the ILR SET(O) guidance talks about a letter from employer even if you havent been outside the UK for more than 180 days and just taken annual leave during the 5 year span, I have read on this forum that for Tier 1 (General) applciants an employer letter is not required in this case?

In my case, I have never been outside the UK for more than 30 calendar days.

However, just to be sure, I have drafted a copy of the letter that I will ask my employer to provide. Please let me know if I have missed anything.

Letter from employer:

<Date>

To whomsoever it may concern

We hereby confirm that Mr xxx was a permanent full time employee of xxx Ltd from the period of dd.mm.yyyy to dd.mm.yyyy.

I can confirm that during his employment with us, he has never travelled outside the UK for employment reasons.

During his employment, the only period he has been outside the UK was during his entitled paid annual leave as below:

Starting from Returning on
dd.mm.yyyy dd.mm.yyyy

The above data is true to the best of my knowledge.

Please feel free to contact me in case of any queries.

Kind Regards,

xxx
for xxx Ltd

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 to ILR (Employer Letter)

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:15 pm

I presume you intend to list your holiday absences (outside the UK) in the letter, where you say... Starting from, Returning on. The format of the letter looks fine.

yogesh_81
India

Re: Tier 1 to ILR (Employer Letter)

Post by yogesh_81 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:56 am

Hi cs95tdg,

Yes, the Starting from, Returning on section will have the dates I applied annual leave for in the company, where I travelled outside the UK.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers!

yogesh_81
India

PBS summary for Tier 1 (General) Migrants for ILR

Post by yogesh_81 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi group,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but couldnt find a direct link to a thread, hence want to clarify. As a Tier 1 (General) Migrant, I was looking to download the PBS calculator summary which checks the qualification.

I have submitted this in my past 2 Tier 1 applications and wanted to do the same for my ILR application this month. But the link for PBS doesnt have Tier 1 (General) category mentioned in it.

Could anyone please let me know whats the procedure to use the PBS calculator for Tier 1 (General)?

Thanks,
Y

Rahul05
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: PBS summary for Tier 1 (General) Migrants for ILR

Post by Rahul05 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:21 pm

PBS summary is not needed for ILR.

Also, as the T 1 G has now been discontinued , the PBS does not have it as an option anymore.

You may want to use PBS printout showing 10 points for your degree to establish your English Lnaguage qualification, if it is applicable to you. You can use T 2 option for that.

yogesh_81
India

Re: PBS summary for Tier 1 (General) Migrants for ILR

Post by yogesh_81 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Ok, thanks.