ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Average Salary

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kach_immigration
Newly Registered

Average Salary

Post by kach_immigration » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:16 am

Hi Guys,

I am currently planning to apply for HSMP and approached a consultant regarding the same. I have currently around 3.5years of .NET experience. and I have 90 HSMP points. The consultant is offering me a pay of 28K pounds per year, which will be made 32K pounds after 6 months. Some of my friends feel thats very low sal. Can anybody help me / point to any list of average sal for my experience in .NET field? I just want to know how much pay is reasonable enough...

Thanks and eagerly waiting for reply.

HSMPnUK

Post by HSMPnUK » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:09 pm

Employers in UK give more importance to UK experience. So unless you have UK experience you cant expect much.

But having said so,28k for 3yrs in .Net is too low.

Pay depends on location too. If in London you can expect higher pay and the outer you go, it would be less.

If you dont have any reservations wrt visa, personal issues, take up contract job. You can earn more.

kach_immigration
Newly Registered

Post by kach_immigration » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:18 am

Currently I dont have any UK experience. Can you elaborate on what do you mean by contractor job? Do u mean something like variable pay? where in there is a division like 80% 20% like in US ? something like 80% of hourly rate given to my consultant? If so, what is the hourly rate for .NET there? for somebody like 3.5 years resouce?

sudipbagchi
Newly Registered

Post by sudipbagchi » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:46 am

Hi Kach,
Can you tell me the address of the consultant whom you have approached, I have a simiilar Software testing experience
Sudip