ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa start date change of employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ayk123
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa start date change of employer

Post by Ayk123 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:05 pm

Hi manci,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could shed some light on my issue. I currently hold a Tier 2 General visa and would be switching my employer (also Tier 2 General). According to my current contract, I need to serve a one month notice period with my current employer. I would not resign until I have the new BRP card in my hand in order to avoid the risk of not getting the visa and remaining jobless. However, my question is how could I actually serve my notice period with my current employer if I get the new BRP card from the new employer? I.e. isn't my current visa with current employer cancelled as soon as the new BRP card is issued and hence I would not be allowed to work the one month notice period? How would you navigate this?

Thank you very much in advance!

Thank you very much in advance

sohoraf
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 visa start date change of employer

Post by sohoraf » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi check this thread and look at the answer by manci as:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1005254

the date you must stop working for the old employer is the work start date stated in the new CoS.
This allows for a reasonable notice period in the old job.

Also check the following link and see the answer to the question (answer again provided by guru Manci):

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 31030.html

Maybe a very silly question, but what is the relevant date when you must stop working for old employer if the new employer accepts a delayed start date while progressing your CoS and Tier 2 applications in a timely manner?

(a) The date you are issued the new Tier 2, or
(b) if the new job starts 2 months after the date of applying in person for the new Tier 2, such later date.

If option (b) above is correct, then theoretically an employee could apply for the new Tier 2 without resigning from the old job and still be able to work out the notice period.

Any advice?