ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using mobile phone while driving

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yoyo2015
Newly Registered

Using mobile phone while driving

Post by yoyo2015 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:45 am

Dear Members,

I am applying for naturalization AN Form, and really confused in terms of my past driving offence.

In last 12 months I was once stopped by police as I was using mobile phone while driving.
I was going to get 3 points, but as my driving history was clean, police offered me to pay fine and attend the course in order to keep my license points free.
So basically I never had any points on my license, as I was offered to attend the course as substitute.

Now I am confused do I have to mention this in my form and look things complicated for the case worker?
Or
I don’t mention anything in the form, as I never had any conviction or any points recorded on my license?

Please advise.

pars87
Newly Registered

Re: Using mobile phone while driving

Post by pars87 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:17 pm

yoyo2015 wrote:Dear Members,

I am applying for naturalization AN Form, and really confused in terms of my past driving offence.

In last 12 months I was once stopped by police as I was using mobile phone while driving.
I was going to get 3 points, but as my driving history was clean, police offered me to pay fine and attend the course in order to keep my license points free.
So basically I never had any points on my license, as I was offered to attend the course as substitute.

Now I am confused do I have to mention this in my form and look things complicated for the case worker?
Or
I don’t mention anything in the form, as I never had any conviction or any points recorded on my license?

Please advise.

Hi

Any advice regarding this matter will be appreciated. I would like to know too.

Regards

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:10 pm

Don't worry about confusing a caseworker; she deals with such cases every day.
The worst thing you can do is suppress material facts and/or Spammy Spammer the application to make a good story.

If you paid a fine you were clearly penalised for something. If in doubt declare it.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

pars87
Newly Registered

Post by pars87 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:18 pm

noajthan wrote:Don't worry about confusing a caseworker; she deals with such cases every day.
The worst thing you can do is suppress material facts and/or Spammy Spammer the application to make a good story.

If you paid a fine you were clearly penalised for something. If in doubt declare it.
Thanks for responding,

My application was submitted a couple of months back Via NCS i have entrolled biometrics etc so its in process.

I was stopped by an officer last thursday who told me he is going to caution me and gave me a Notice of Impending Conviction and said because its the first time i will be invited to attend a course (by letter which i am still waiting for) as an alternative to £100 fine and 3 points. BTW i have never had any cautions/convictions before it was my very first time being stopped.

If i attend the course will i be on the safe side?

Any further advice will be appreciated

Thanks again

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:24 pm

In that case you are obliged to notify HO asap.

I can't comment on the impact on your current application but the AN guidance is clear:
You must tell us if you are arrested or charged with an offence after you make your application and while the application is under consideration. You risk prosecution under section 46 of BNA if you do not do so.
Ref https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_2016.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

pars87
Newly Registered

Post by pars87 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:09 am

noajthan wrote:In that case you are obliged to notify HO asap.

I can't comment on the impact on your current application but the AN guidance is clear:
You must tell us if you are arrested or charged with an offence after you make your application and while the application is under consideration. You risk prosecution under section 46 of BNA if you do not do so.
Ref https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_2016.pdf
But i haven't been arrested or charged with anything? i am just awaiting an invitation letter to attend "whats driving us course" provided by Thames Valley Police as an alternative to prosecution:

http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/rdsaf ... ing-us.htm

Any other thoughts ?