ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Requirements 3 years prior

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sofiathefirst

Residence Requirements 3 years prior

Post by Sofiathefirst » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:19 am

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to all members who share their valuable knowledge in helping others. I have a question about the residence requirements. I will be applying for naturalisation in the first week of Feb. I entered the Uk on an indefinate Leave to enter as a spouse of a British Citizen on Feb 9, 2013 however my due to my mothers illness I had to leave the UK on Feb 23rd, 2013 after which I was away for some months and returned on July 7th, 2013. As I understand it, I have a small window from Feb 9th, 2016 to Feb 22, 2016 to apply at the NCS. I meet all other residence requirements including no more than 270 days absence in the past 3 years and no more than 90 absences in the past year.

My main question is can I apply on Feb 9th, 2016 to safely meet the residence requirements window. If I apply from NCS on the 9th of February, will my 3 years prior be the 9th of February, 2013 or would it be 10th of February, 2013. I was just wondering when is the safest and earliest day I can take an appointment with NCS.

My second question is, as I am a stay at home mom, what I should write in the question about occupation. It it better to write homemaker or unemployed.

My last question is regarding referees, would a social worker be considered a professional? I don't have many options in terms of referees. One is a neighbor who is a social worker. Also would my childs school's administration assistant be qualified to be a referee.

Thank you for reading and for your help.

Kind Regards
Sofia

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Residence Requirements 3 years prior

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:40 am

I am surprised you have ILE issued in February 2013. This concession was non longer possible after 9th July 2012. Can you explain a bit more about your initial entry clearance application.

1. Date of application is the date you submit your paperwork and application form at NCS. If you were physically present in the UK on 9th Feb 2013, you should be ok.

2. Unemployed is fine. Employment is not a requirement for citizenship.

3. See List of Acceptable Referees (Click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:12 am

Thank you for your response. My ILE was issued in 2012 before the rules changed, however I didn't move to the UK until Feb 2013.

Do you think if I applied on the 10th of February it would be safer than the 9th of February as I entered the UK on the night of Feb 9th or would Feb 9th be just as OK. I just don't want to take any chances however remote the possibility since I have only a few days window to apply.

Thank you for your assistance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:39 pm

10th Feb might be the safer option.

P.S. You are very lucky to have gotten ILE before the changes. :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.