ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application approved with Conviction declared!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skilachi

Application approved with Conviction declared!

Post by skilachi » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:52 am

Finally, got my BC application approved which was dated 2nd Jan 2015 as I was away during the xmas period and just got back this morning with the brown envelope waiting to be opened. I applied in Aug 2015.

So for those who have got conviction, just make sure the 3yrs has lapsed before you applied.

I had a DR10 drink driving conviction which I got 10th Aug 2012. I declared it on my application with I made 17th Aug 2015. This was my only conviction ever and had no prior speeding tickets or any other FRN.

Good luck to others who are still waiting for their application status. Now I've booked my ceremony with the local council in 2days (private ceremony).

Do feel free to drop me a PM if you are in same situation and want more details.

For my application postline: http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1290903

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Application approved with Conviction declared!

Post by ohara » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:02 am

Congratulations. I'm sure my reprimand from 14 years ago will not be a problem then :D

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:10 am

@Ohara...you wshould be fine as long as you declare it and make sure you dont have any 3yrs prior to application.

Good luck!!

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Hi I got my appointment next week and applying via NCS

I got CCJ registered against me on sep 2013
Paid it in full in oct 2015 (£700 pounds)
Applying in jan2016
1.should I wait for 3 yrs and apply in sep 2016 or can I go ahead with my appointment next week. I got a proof of payment from the company and also the court and now my ccj has been put to settled status

Ccj does not come under conviction right???
Please advise as I am declaring it on my application form.

Cheers