ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Will I be able to apply?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Danweiiiiiii
Newly Registered

FLR(FP) Will I be able to apply?

Post by Danweiiiiiii » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi,

I am Chinese and currently under tier 4 student visa which will expire by the end of this year. I entered a civil partnership with my British partner. But as we are both student we neither have salary nor enough savings to apply 5-years route. I see there is no financial requirement under the family life as partner 10-years route. but on the official gov website, it states that you can only apply this if"there are serious reasons you and your partner can’t live together as a couple in another country". As I am Chinese, civil partnership is not recognised by the People's Republic of China, my partner will not be able to gain entry to China and start a life with me. But how do I provide an evidence to support that?

And both of us attend different universities in different cities (London and Portsmouth), we do not live together. (But we are graduating soon and planning to live together permanently) I understand that there are no requirement for living two years together if we entered a civil partnership, but on the application, it still require to show 6 items to show we have been live together if we do not have the items I need to state how we maintained our relationship. How can I prove our relationship is genuine?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(FP) Will I be able to apply?

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:49 pm

Difficult to prove your relationship is genuine if you don't live together. Evidence of co-habitation is required to show that the relationship is subsisting.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Danweiiiiiii
Newly Registered

Post by Danweiiiiiii » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:52 pm

Casa wrote:Difficult to prove your relationship is genuine if you don't live together. Evidence of co-habitation is required to show that the relationship is subsisting.
i and my partner have been together for 2 years, I do have photos and facebook conversation for the past 2 years to prove the relationship. My only concern would be whether we meet the requirement of having obstacles of living in China.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Your first concern should be how to prove that your relationship is genuine as you don't currently live together. A FLR(FP) 10 year partner route only stands any chance of success if you can do that. Photos and Facebook chat alone won't be sufficient
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

solaced
United Kingdom

Post by solaced » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:15 am

Dear Obie, Vinny & other respected moderators/members !
After recent refusal from FTT on Entrprnr visa and all appeal rights exhausted as an excluded decision, can I only apply in the same caragory( entrprnr visa) afresh within 28 days or any other category as well, within 28 days? like on flr FP.

Secondly, if I apply within 28 days, would I still be considered as an overstayer in HO eyes after appeal rights exhausted and my previous 7& half yrs lawful leave would break ?

Would be highly obliged for your input.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:16 am

@solaced. Please don't highjack another member's thread. Your situation has no relation to the subject and apart from being unfair to the OP, it causes confusion. Post this in your own thread.
(Casa, not CR001)

solaced
United Kingdom

Post by solaced » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:17 am

Sorry,,,,
I didn't realise. Apologies.
No one gives advice when needed.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:04 am

solaced wrote:Sorry,,,,
I didn't realise. Apologies.
No one gives advice when needed.
:roll:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1294619
(Casa, not CR001)