ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Financial Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alia84
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Financial Requirement

Post by alia84 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can shed some light on a concern ive got.

Im a UK citizen married to an Iranian national. Looking to apply for a spouse visa via the self employed route. I have a small takeaway business since August 2014. The business is not doing great and i have never taken a wage and have been lucky to be supported by my parents during these difficult times.

Having spoken with my accountant he said that he can back date my wages for the last six months to show that i have been given wage which will meet the £18,600 threshold. My concern is that my bank statements will not show any wage going into my account over the last six months, so will this be an issue when applying for the visa? Or will the Home Office consider my earning from now which i will start to take a wage which will show on my statements.

Any advise/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ali

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Financial Requirement

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:49 pm

You need to apply for a spouse visa with genuine documents. If you supply f a k e documents, your wife's visa will be refused and she could face a ban from entering the UK for 10 years.

You have to submit bank statement showing your income and company accounts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:05 pm

alia84 wrote:Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can shed some light on a concern ive got.

Im a UK citizen married to an Iranian national. Looking to apply for a spouse visa via the self employed route. I have a small takeaway business since August 2014. The business is not doing great and i have never taken a wage and have been lucky to be supported by my parents during these difficult times.

Having spoken with my accountant he said that he can back date my wages for the last six months to show that i have been given wage which will meet the £18,600 threshold. My concern is that my bank statements will not show any wage going into my account over the last six months, so will this be an issue when applying for the visa? Or will the Home Office consider my earning from now which i will start to take a wage which will show on my statements.

Any advise/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ali
What an idiotic thing to do.

Don't even consider it.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

alia84
Newly Registered

Post by alia84 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:18 pm

I think i have not explained myself properly...I wont be sending any fake documents everything will be legit. My accountant simply said he can backdate my wages, which is all above board. I'll be paying tax and NI for the last six months.

My concern was that the wages will not show in my bank statement (from the last six month) but will do from now on.

Hope this makes sense and would like to reiterate that under no circumstance i will be doing anything dodgy or submitting fake documents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:25 pm

Not going to work. You need to show the bank statements showing your income credit for 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alia84
Newly Registered

Post by alia84 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:33 pm

CR001 wrote:Not going to work. You need to show the bank statements showing your income credit for 6 months.
Consider a scenario in which someone just got a new job with a salary exceeding the threshold but the previous six months they were unemployed. Will that mean that this person will have to wait at least six months before applying for the spouse visa as the previous six months doesn't show income to meet the threshold?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Yes.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:35 pm

Yes, they will have to wait till they can show with payslips and bank statements that they meet the financial requirement.

Edit : #Casa :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

alia84
Newly Registered

Post by alia84 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:37 pm

The point i am trying to get across is that i can show my income in the last 6 months but it wont be enough to meet the £18,600 but from now (today) it will show this as i will be taking a wage from the business.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:40 pm

You need 6 months of evidence to show that you meet £18,600pa or £9,300 for the six months.

There is no discretion with this. If you do not meet the requirement and submit the evidence of the income, the visa will be refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:42 pm

That won't qualify.. The case worker will want to see that the level of income in the past 6 months has qualified and that the corresponding bank
statements support this.

Edit: #CR001 :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

alia84
Newly Registered

Post by alia84 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:43 pm

CR001 wrote:You need 6 months of evidence to show that you meet £18,600pa or £9,300 for the six months.

There is no discretion with this. If you do not meet the requirement and submit the evidence of the income, the visa will be refused.
Thanks for your feedback. So for the last six months will i need to show that a minimum of £9,300 has come into my bank account or should i have at least £9,300 in my account?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:45 pm

alia84 wrote:
CR001 wrote:You need 6 months of evidence to show that you meet £18,600pa or £9,300 for the six months.

Thanks for your feedback. So for the last six months will i need to show that a minimum of £9,300 has come into my bank account or should i have at least £9,300 in my account?
That you have earned a minimum of £9,300 over the 6 month period.
(Casa, not CR001)

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:54 pm

You need to show £1550 gross pay (so whatever the net of that is) going into your account for each month for 6 months. You'd be better off waiting 6 months to be safe.
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:57 pm

And if you are self employed, I think you need to show 12 months worth of evidence that you meet the financial requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:02 pm

Also for self-employment (if this is applicable), it will be the nett amount after allowable business expenses have been deducted. i.e the amount on which HMRC will calculate tax due.
(Casa, not CR001)