ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deferring accepting settlement visa due to job contract

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leisara
Newly Registered

Deferring accepting settlement visa due to job contract

Post by leisara » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:40 am

Is it possible to defer the acceptance of the settlement visa by a few months if you have accepted a job contract and need to complete this job?

It has been almost 2 years since my initial application followed by a refusal, upheld refusal, appeal hearing, judge's ruling in my favour and now we wait for the review of the application by the visa section.

However, I have started working and would like to finish my current contract for several reasons, primarily since if I don't complete the year I would have to redo the entire internship year but wait til 2017 to enter the NHS.

I have not had the decision from the visa section, however I anticipate it being in my favour since the refusal was on 1 point of law that was incorrectly quoted by the visa section.

Has anyone deferred accepting their visa? If so how long can it be deferred for?

Thanks to anyone who reads this, and super thanks to anyone who replies!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Deferring accepting settlement visa due to job contract

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:49 am

It can be deferred for a period of up to 3 months.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.