ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming Points for ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bilal Merchant
Newly Registered

Claiming Points for ILR

Post by Bilal Merchant » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:44 am

Hi All,

Please can someone guide me on claiming points for ILR application via Tier 1 route.

I need to claim 80 points and my situation is same as to when i applied for Tier 1 initial and extension application. However i am getting confused as i am not able to properly ascertain for what attributes i can claim points for. I could see that i can claim for English Language, Earnings, Qualification and Age but what about the UK experience and anything else.

if the my situation is not changed, technically speaking i should be able to score same points as my last application?

please help.

many thanks

O_Relly

Re: Claiming Points for ILR

Post by O_Relly » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:02 pm

Yes you get points for UK experience as well and it is the same attributes as your previous extension, with the exception of Maintenance funds. There are no points for maintenance funds.

Read the SET(O) application form, which has sections that details the points for the different attributes.
Cheers,
OR

Bilal Merchant
Newly Registered

Post by Bilal Merchant » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:03 pm

so actually you have to score less points than last extension?

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:21 pm

Bilal Merchant wrote:so actually you have to score less points than last extension?
Well if you had to question it that way, then answer is yes. It will be 10 points less as you are not granted points for maintenance.

It will be worth your while reading the FAQ here,
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 99638.html

See Q21.
Cheers,
OR

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:42 am

I think last time you needed 100 points, including 10 for English and 10 for maintenance. Maintenance funds is not a requirement for ILR. Also, you have already proved English requirements, so you need 80 points and life in the UK certificate.
lets get together for migrants' rights