ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Passport Countersignee Nationality

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scab
Newly Registered

Irish Passport Countersignee Nationality

Post by scab » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:50 am

My father was born in Ireland, so I am already a citizen by default.
However I live in the UK atm, and I am applying for an Irish Passport.

I have looked at the list of professions who can countersign my photo, and there are people I know who I can sign this.

However, growing up in the UK, all of the people I can call upon are British - not Irish.

Would this matter? If they are still a priest/teacher/lawyer etc would they still be deemed of good enough character to authorise my photo?

Thanks

Oh and this is my first post too, so hello everybody. :)

sweetbeatrice
Newly Registered

Re: Irish Passport Countersignee Nationality

Post by sweetbeatrice » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:38 pm

Hello! I don't believe that the nationality of the witness/signee is terribly important. I completed all my paperwork in the US, and had an American who happens to be both a Bank Manager and a Minister sign my paperwork. It was accepted, and afaik, they did not contact her to follow up.

scab
Newly Registered

Post by scab » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:46 am

Thanks for replying.

I've got all of my documents in front of me, and that was the last thing I wanted to check before I send it all off for assessment.

Many thanks

mCGIW

Post by mCGIW » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:53 pm

Hello! I don't believe that the nationality of the witness/signee is terribly important. I completed all my paperwork in the US, and had an American who happens to be both a Bank Manager and a Minister sign my paperwork. It was accepted, and afaik, they did not contact her to follow up.
+1. I have gone through a similar situation where I got the documents/application signed by the said designated person (but non-Irish). The application went through without any hassles.