ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK born baby Indian and British citizenship query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guyinlondon

UK born baby Indian and British citizenship query

Post by guyinlondon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:23 pm

Dear Experts,
Need your help. I am British citizen my wife holds Indian passport and she is my dependent and our baby born here in UK. We know by birth he is eligible to get British passport.
We are planning to shift India permanently in 3 years’ time and we would like to apply for Indian Passport for our baby on the basis of mother because she holds Indian passport.
Once we will get baby’s Indian passport what do we have to do to get right of abode certificate stamped on baby’s passport so there are no restrictions for baby to come here in UK any time in future.
As India doesn’t allow dual nationality this is what we have thought because we don’t think we will be able to pay NRI school fees once baby will start going to school.
Please advise. Hope someone can help us out from this situation.
Thanks for your help in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK born baby Indian and British citizenship query

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:31 pm

Was the baby born after you obtain ILR or British citizenship?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:43 pm

Has the child been registered as an Indian citizen with the High Commission of India within one year of birth?

You will need a letter from the Home Office stating that the child does not have a UK passport.

Once the child gets an Indian passport, apply for a CoE-RoA.

Remember that CoE-RoA will not give the child the ability to travel to Europe as an EEA citizen, only to the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

guyinlondon

Post by guyinlondon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:22 pm

CR001 wrote:Was the baby born after you obtain ILR or British citizenship?
Yes, baby born after i got my british citizenship but my wife still holds indian passport and we do not have any plan to apply for british passport for my wife because we are planning to shift to india in next 3 years.

guyinlondon

Post by guyinlondon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:24 pm

secret.simon wrote:Has the child been registered as an Indian citizen with the High Commission of India within one year of birth?
Ans: Child is just one month old and i will register as an Indian citizen with the HCI pretty soon.

You will need a letter from the Home Office stating that the child does not have a UK passport.
Ans: How would i get letter ? Whom do i have to contact ?

Once the child gets an Indian passport, apply for a CoE-RoA.
Ans: I will do that.
Remember that CoE-RoA will not give the child the ability to travel to Europe as an EEA citizen, only to the UK.
Ans: Thanks for letting me know this but i presume child can apply for british citizenship if he wants. Am i correct ?

guyinlondon

Post by guyinlondon » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:03 am

Dear Experts,

Could you please respond to my query ?

Awaiting your kind reply....

Regards,

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:15 pm

Use Form NQ to get confirmation that child has not been registered as British.

However, note that child is automatically British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

guyinlondon

Post by guyinlondon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:32 am

vinny wrote:Use Form NQ to get confirmation that child has not been registered as British.
Thanks for your response vinny. Once i get indian passport i would be applying for a certificate of entitlement to the right of abode in the UK so child can come to UK whenever he wants.

I only want Confirmation of non-acquisition of British citizenship to apply for indian passport. I hope applying for NQ will not affect ROA application for my child.

Awaiting your kind reply.

vinny wrote:However, note that child is automatically British.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:42 am

guyinlondon wrote:I hope applying for NQ will not affect ROA application for my child.
No affect.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

guyinlondon

Post by guyinlondon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:44 am

vinny wrote:
guyinlondon wrote:I hope applying for NQ will not affect ROA application for my child.
No affect.
Thank you very much vinny for answering all my queries...