ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address in-country Tier 2 extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

polymerguy
Newly Registered

Change of address in-country Tier 2 extension

Post by polymerguy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:43 pm

Dear forum members,

have anybody updated the postal address while his application for Tier 2 extension was being processed? If yes, could you please share your experience. Do I need to use this form https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/ to inform UKVI? I have applied for Tier 2 extension and moved to the new address.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change of address in-country Tier 2 extension

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:50 pm

The easiest and less complicated process is to set up a Royal Mail redirection.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

srsw

Post by srsw » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:53 pm

I've recently moved and setup royal mail redirection. I don't think they redirect special deliveries or signed post (from what I remember from the instructions on the form). I may be wrong but probably polemerguy can check that out to see if that's an option or not.

I think you can still use the change of circumstances form right? Not sure if it applies to extension, but you could give it a try.

---------
4. You're in the UK and don't have a BRP

You must report any changes if you have a visa or you’ve applied for a visa and you’re already in the UK.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances ... have-a-brp
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:00 am

or may be you can..i don't know..

16. Will you redirect mail sent to me by Special Delivery™, Recorded Signed For™ and Royal Mail Tracked®?

Yes, to UK addresses only. If your new address is outside of the UK, items sent using these services will be returned to the sender. The Special Delivery Guaranteed™ next day guarantee will not be valid for redirected mail as it first needs to travel to the Royal Mail Delivery Office which serves your old address. We will still obtain a signature, or confirmation scan, on delivery where relevant when delivering to your new address.

We are unable to redirect Royal Mail Tracked 24™ and 48 restricted goods.

Source: https://www.royalmail.com/personal/rece ... 5-19350096
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

polymerguy
Newly Registered

Post by polymerguy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:21 pm

srsw wrote:or may be you can..i don't know..

16. Will you redirect mail sent to me by Special Delivery™, Recorded Signed For™ and Royal Mail Tracked®?

Yes, to UK addresses only. If your new address is outside of the UK, items sent using these services will be returned to the sender. The Special Delivery Guaranteed™ next day guarantee will not be valid for redirected mail as it first needs to travel to the Royal Mail Delivery Office which serves your old address. We will still obtain a signature, or confirmation scan, on delivery where relevant when delivering to your new address.

We are unable to redirect Royal Mail Tracked 24™ and 48 restricted goods.

Source: https://www.royalmail.com/personal/rece ... 5-19350096
Dear CR001 and srsw,

thank you for your kind suggestion to use redirection service. The problem is that royal mail need at least 5 working days to arrange it. Since I did my biometrics on 19/12/15 the redirection is not the best option for next week ;) Anyway I hope that the procedure of updating the applicant address from inside the UK is working properly.

have a good weekend

polymerguy
Newly Registered

Post by polymerguy » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:02 pm

I would like to update on my original question. I have changed my UK address after I have submitted documents for Tier 2 extension. I didn't want to pay royal mail for the expensive redirection service, so I just informed UKVI and it worked ;)
I contacted UKVI in 3 different ways to be sure, so I do not know what method worked out finally:
1. I wrote email to ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
2. I send a First Class letter to the address from my check list: Tier 2 & 5 Standard PO Box 3468 Sheffield S3 8WA
3. I filled the change of circumstances form: https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/
Thanks to our attentive postman we have received our BRPs since there was a typo in the postal address (it had house number 5 instead of 15) on the letter for my Dependant ;)

I hope this could be helpful...