ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving license revoke process

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Elliewifetoalbanian

Driving license revoke process

Post by Elliewifetoalbanian » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone could advise in regards to the driving license revoke process or if anyone has personally been through this?

I'm British (born) and husband is albanian. My husband was refused an article 8 human rights claim but applied for an appeal to the first tier tribunal in September and we are awaiting a date for it to be listed. We have since married and have a little girl due in June.

My husbands immigration solicitor emailed to say we would be okay to apply for a provisional license in October which we did. And received it back 2 weeks later with no issues. We supplied my husbands passport as ID with no visa in

We paid have paid around £400 for lessons provisional a number of theories and now the practical which is booked for next month. To have recently then be told he can have his license revoked any time. Which obviously now we are concerned after paying all this money. We were planning on buying a car and paying insurance for the year!

I don't drive and as my husband has previous experience of driving in the uk (on fraudulent papers) it was cheaper to pay for him to do it. He is reporting and not working (as per h.o instructions) so I am supporting him financially and money is tight!

My questions are:
Who revokes the license DVLA or home office?
Because his license was issued recently after his claim refused I am assuming they would have done home office checks, so is it possible home office granted him one?
What is the process for revoke of a license?
How much does it cost to appeal the revoke decision to a magistrates court?
If it's revoked when he has legal status does he have to complete theory and practical test again?

Appreciate your help. I'm a born worrier and worrying about things before they even happen!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Driving license revoke process

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:27 pm

If he's not legal he can't drive, think about it, who'd insure him?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Elliewifetoalbanian

Post by Elliewifetoalbanian » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:50 pm

He's been issued a UK provisional in his name and did his theory with no issues. He is completing the uk practical test which is already paid for then will be sending off the provisional to be updated to a full uk license once passed...I believe the insurance will just need a photocopy of his full uk license to insure him?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:00 pm

You may find the following topic worth a read.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/settli ... 00105.html

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:00 pm

Continue in your other thread where there is an ongoing discussion and a fuller background on the overall situation(including the driving licence issue).

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... l#p1280428
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Elliewifetoalbanian

Post by Elliewifetoalbanian » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:04 pm

Casa no one but yourself responded to me in that thread and I didn't know if it was the title - but I am really looking for advice. The main thing I am concerned about is the driving license and what to do next.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:18 pm

Tonyb2
Newly Registered

Post by Tonyb2 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:22 am

Hi Ellie

I have been in that situation. Once driving licence gets revoked it's not point fighting.

Good luck

Elliewifetoalbanian wrote:Casa no one but yourself responded to me in that thread and I didn't know if it was the title - but I am really looking for advice. The main thing I am concerned about is the driving license and what to do next.