ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continuous stay requirement for Tier 1 General visas

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arnabkundu
Newly Registered

Continuous stay requirement for Tier 1 General visas

Post by arnabkundu » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi

I wanted to check the guidance for Tier 1 general visa continuous stay for a period of 5 years.

I had spent 30 working days on leave and 12 working days on compensatory leave outside the UK in 2013. The total number of days outside the UK was 62 days.

I have payslips for each of the 12 months. Please let me know if this is going to be an issue and if I need to provide proof of reason of absence being more than the standard 30 working days.

The document below mentions Tier 1 General Visas holders having to do so

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... riod-in-uk

[i]"For the Tier 1 (Investor), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) and highly skilled
migrant (applying under the HSMP Forum judicial review) categories there is no requirement
to give a reason for absences if they do not exceed 180 days in any of the five, four, three or
two consecutive 12 month periods of the continuous period, depending on the category."[/i]

Appreciate any help in this regard.