ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NI Number Wrong on Payslip

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LoveMyBaby786

NI Number Wrong on Payslip

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:00 am

Hello,

We are applying for my husbands ilr visa on 6th february in person.

However we just noticed that on his payslips from his recent job he started in April 2015 his national insurance number is wrong! Only by 1 number which is why we never noticed before, so it should have been 41B at the end but instead its written as 91B on his payslips.

His previous job had the right NI number written correctly but this recent job has it wrong.

Is there anything we can do before 6th february as we dont want to delay applying for ilr if we don't need to.

Thanks!

argus7
Wales

Re: NI Number Wrong on Payslip

Post by argus7 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:31 am

contact your employer to correct the payslips( duplicate) sign and provide letter saying updated payslips with correct NI.

Also get a NI letter from HMRC

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:00 pm

argus7 wrote:contact your employer to correct the payslips( duplicate) sign and provide letter saying updated payslips with correct NI.

Also get a NI letter from HMRC
We informed his employer today who said he will have a word with his accountant tomorrow.

He has a letter from hmrc for when he first received his NI number which we have included in the documents.

Would i need to contact HMRC to let them know of the mistake or will my husbands employer do that?

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:29 am

Well we have recieved a letter from his employers accountant stating the mistake and they wrote something as if to say it is not their fault blabla but it has been corrected.

Now when i called HMRC a few days ago they told me i dont need to contact them i only contact my employer.. is this right?

All i have now is the letter from the accountant and thats all. Do i need anything else? Letter from employer etc..??

Any help would be really appreciated.