ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 in country COS timelines

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avinash123
Newly Registered

Tier 2 in country COS timelines

Post by avinash123 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for Manci and other key members for valuable suggestions in the forum. To be Honest, Much appreciated the social work.
Could you please help me in my query.

1. Iam have been in UK since Sep 2010 under Tier 2 ICT Long term established staff. Company extended 3 times within country extensions for tier 2 ict.
2. My current visa expires on March 7th, 2016 and COS expires on Feb 25' 2016.
3. Current employer has not confirmed whether he extends the Tier 2 ICt or not at this time.
4 . I have decided to switch to tier 2 general. I have tried job searching and New employer tentatively offered me a job and went for a RMLT test and this completes by feb 9. He is tier 2 A sponsor and mentioned he got unrestricted cost for tier 2 general

My queries are below:

1. From feb 9th (after rmlt completes), how long it takes to assign cos for me by new employer. As it is not restricted cos, Can new employer allocate cos any time post he get approval from UK BA. how long will take for the approval from UK ba, what are current timelines. is it 2 days or 2 weeks.? Can i get by feb 23rd if emloyer applies 11th or so. do i need to go for treatment(high priority) application?
2. assume if I get the cos before my visa datea (march 7th), While filling the Visa application , can I give the cos start date is 3 months later. because i need to serve 3 months notice period to current employer.
3.Assume, If i dont get new cos by march 7th(current visa date), What is my situation? 4. assume, if i dont get new cost by march 7th, Can i wait 28 days more ? the reason is i may get cos allocated before march 31st.
. Can i send partial filled application without cos before March 7th?
or wait 25 days for cos. If it doesnt come submit partial filled applicaiton?

srsw

Re: Tier 2 in country COS timelines

Post by srsw » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:06 pm

1. From feb 9th (after rmlt completes), how long it takes to assign cos for me by new employer. As it is not restricted cos, Can new employer allocate cos any time post he get approval from UK BA.
uCoS can be allocated anytime in the year as long the employer has it in their SMS system. It just takes few minutes to assign it to you. If they need to request new uCoS allocation it may take few weeks I think.
2. assume if I get the cos before my visa datea (march 7th), While filling the Visa application , can I give the cos start date is 3 months later. because i need to serve 3 months notice period to current employer.
You need to get CoS assigned before your current visa expires and CoS could mention that your work start date would be after 3 months (so you could serve your notice period). But if you leave UK and go to your home country then 12-month cooling period may apply(?). So not sure how you could serve 3 months notice in this situation. One possibility is..you get new CoS before 7th March, apply for visa (go for same day or priority), new visa get's approved, resign from old company with whatever notice you could give (may be 1 month or a bit more) and settle the rest with loss of pay or pay penalty, join new job in March.
Can i send partial filled application without cos before March 7th? or wait 25 days for cos. If it doesnt come submit partial filled applicaiton?
CoS is mandatory to apply for visa. You cannot submit application without CoS! Anyway, why do you need to wait 25 days for CoS?

I'm not 100% sure on T2 ICT to T2G scenario, so pls do double check your options. I've just answered some of your queries based on few assumptions.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

avinash123
Newly Registered

Post by avinash123 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:30 pm

Many thanks for swift reply. Thanks
Dear Mancy,

I have few queries

1. what is the process of UCOs allocation for t2 general. After RMLT (28 days), could you let me know the day to day activity what employer will do. Because i cant get cheated by employer with wrong information
day 1 : associated short listed after interview, day 2 : Employer will inform UKba that whether cos allocate or not day 3: how long uK BA will take to approve and mail send to (because uk ba has to verify the evidences about job advertisement etc)
day 4: cos alloction day 5: Can on the next day i go for visa same day appointment

2. Though ucos is there, my friend employer got 3 weeks to get approval mail from uk ba. will it happen so?

3. what will happen if uncompleted application being sent. because in the worst scneario if cos doesnt come in visa period, there is no other way.without sending application by visa due date, associate has to leave the country.
4. in above scenario (3), associate can stay back inthe country and wait for 28 days for cos and then apply visa if cos comes within 28 dyas..is it still legal to stay?
4. what is urgent treatment?
5. is buyin of biometrics is possible with the uncompleted application, thatswhat i heard...because during that time cos can come and we can inform ukba and make tier 2 g success.?
6. What the associate will do during idle time (the day of application till visa date for postal application)..can associate do any job witout any visa.?

avinash123
Newly Registered

Post by avinash123 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:35 am

Dear Manci,

Kindly reply to my queries .
Many thanks

avinash123
Newly Registered

Post by avinash123 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:02 pm

Am in tightly tough situation, kindly answer below, to be honest your experience helps others to come out of problems.

D
1. what is the process of UCOs allocation for t2 general. After RMLT (28 days), could you let me know the day to day activity what employer will do. Because i cant get cheated by employer with wrong information
day 1 : associated short listed after interview, day 2 : Employer will inform UKba that whether cos allocate or not day 3: how long uK BA will take to approve and mail send to (because uk ba has to verify the evidences about job advertisement etc)
day 4: cos alloction day 5: Can on the next day i go for visa same day appointment

2. Though ucos is there, my friend employer got 3 weeks to get approval mail from uk ba. will it happen so?

3. if cos doesnt come in visa due date (say march 1st), what is the next step, can i send uncompleted appliaiton uncompleted cos?

4. in above scenario (3), associate can stay back in the country and wait below 28 days for cos and then apply visa within 28 days ..is it still legal to overstay for 28 days? or i have to go back india and apply from india for visa within 28 days if am lucky t oget cos within 28 days
4. what is urgent treatment?
5. is buyin of biometrics is possible with the uncompleted application, thatswhat i heard...because during that time cos can come and we can inform ukba and make tier 2 g success.?
6. What the associate will do during idle time (the day of application till visa date for postal application)..can associate do any job witout any visa.?

avinash123
Newly Registered

Post by avinash123 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:18 pm

Moderators, could you please reply for my queries
much appreciated your help