ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When/how to apply for RC (EEA FM) while job seeking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

el_scand
Newly Registered

When/how to apply for RC (EEA FM) while job seeking

Post by el_scand » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:41 pm

Hi,

Myself (EEA national) will travel to the UK together with my non-EEA wife for the purpose of job seeking. (We are currently living together outside EEA)

How soon can my wife apply for the resident card EEA(FM) after arriving? -do we need to wait until I find a job or can we apply almost immediately?

I have significant savings available which I can document with bank statements. We will both have comprehensive sickness insurance CSI (Aviva Private Health Insurance). Will it be preferable to apply in the Self Sufficient category rather than Job-Seeker category? The documentary burden as Self Sufficient appears easier and more clear than Job-Seeker.

Just for clarification - if I understand it right, my wife will complete the form EEA(FM) and I will complete EEA(QP) and we can submit both forms together?

Many thanks

noajthan

Re: When/how to apply for RC (EEA FM) while job seeking

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:07 pm

el_scand wrote:Hi,

Myself (EEA national) will travel to the UK together with my non-EEA wife for the purpose of job seeking. (We are currently living together outside EEA)

How soon can my wife apply for the resident card EEA(FM) after arriving? -do we need to wait until I find a job or can we apply almost immediately?

I have significant savings available which I can document with bank statements. We will both have comprehensive sickness insurance CSI (Aviva Private Health Insurance). Will it be preferable to apply in the Self Sufficient category rather than Job-Seeker category? The documentary burden as Self Sufficient appears easier and more clear than Job-Seeker.

Just for clarification - if I understand it right, my wife will complete the form EEA(FM) and I will complete EEA(QP) and we can submit both forms together?

Many thanks
Apply for RC once the sponsor (you) are exercising treaty rights as a qualified person in UK.

Exercising rights as a qualified person who is self-sufficient is a prudent move.
(There are time limits and stringent tests now associated with jobseeker status).

See relevant HO guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf
- ref page 23+

:!: Note both parties do need CSI

Yes, those are the forms.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

el_scand
Newly Registered

Re: When/how to apply for RC (EEA FM) while job seeking

Post by el_scand » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:49 pm

noajthan wrote:
Apply for RC once the sponsor (you) are exercising treaty rights as a qualified person in UK.

Exercising rights as a qualified person who is self-sufficient is a prudent move.
(There are time limits and stringent tests now associated with jobseeker status).

See relevant HO guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf
- ref page 23+

:!: Note both parties do need CSI

Yes, those are the forms.
Hi noajthan,
Many thanks for response and clarification. I reviewed your linked document as well as multiple similar documents, it appears that I should not have trouble to qualify as self sufficient.
Cheers