ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application in Progress: Status of Tier2 Dependant visa

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samra
Newly Registered

MN1 Application in Progress: Status of Tier2 Dependant visa

Post by samra » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:57 am

I recently applied MN1 for my child after getting ILR. Expiry date of Tier 2 dependant visa of my child is until June 2016. I have questions with regard to Tier 2 dependant visa legal validity for purpose of returning to UK, if we go outside for travel before June 2016.

After the biometrics done, can Tier 2 dependant visa be used for return to UK
1) before naturalization certificate arrives
2) after naturalization certificate arrives

I have read people have been successful in returning without any problems provided they arrive before expiry of visa, but is there any document reference link to it.

Also, what happens if certificate arrives while we are away from UK (and hence will not know when we arrive at the border of UK).

Thanks for insight.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 Application in Progress: Status of Tier2 Dependant v

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:00 pm

After the biometrics done, can Tier 2 dependant visa be used for return to UK
1) before naturalization certificate arrives
2) after naturalization certificate arrives
Children under 18 are REGISTERED and not naturalised.

He can travel and enter the UK if his visa is valid. Immigration (visas) and Citizenship (nationality) are two separate processes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samra
Newly Registered

Post by samra » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:16 pm

Thanks CR001. I have read on this forum, people have to surrender their ILR once they get their naturalization certificate at a ceremony.
Does this apply to T2 dependant visa of child also, once the registration certificate for the child arrives and one MUST apply for the passport rather than using any valid T2 dependant visa for travel? I want to have peace of mind during travelling out of UK irrespective of registration document arriving before, during or after our travel as long as the visa is still valid.

Thanks again for clarifications.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:22 pm

You should return the BRP once you have received the certificate if you wish. The new rule applies to ILR BRPs so am not sure if it applies in your case for example.

Suggest you enjoy your travels and not over think this. Child can re-enter UK on existing visa. Your next steps will only matter once you receive the registration certificate. Even then, a child can apply for a 1 week fast track passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samra
Newly Registered

Post by samra » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:46 pm

Thanks again CR001,

I know I am overthinking but it is because of new things home office add on website regularly.

In the latest MN1 guidance, it does say to return BRP witin 5 days of getting certificate of registration.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2015.pdf

If in UK, I will straight apply for UK passport after receiving child's registration certificate.
However, I am worried in case of being abroad, registration certificate arriving at home in absence from UK and then child returning to UK with BRP.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:50 pm

He should be fine to return. If the certificate is in the post when you get back, then send the BRP once you are back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)