ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A friend of mine got arrested - Spouse and Son are Italians

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rvalk
Newly Registered

A friend of mine got arrested - Spouse and Son are Italians

Post by rvalk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Hi, something very bad happened few minutes ago. UKBA arrested him (Brazilian) inside your own home, in front your own family with handcuff and everything !

He is married, more than 8 years with an Italian woman, they have a son (5 years old) together.

I will try to explain the things as much short as I can...

1) 1st application for RC: Denied, reason: They threaded the application as someone sponsored by work visa.

2) They decided to seek the government and believe or not: UKBA has no records regarding his entrance in UK, so they decided to sort him as refugee ! The first question was made was: When did you left Africa ?

Anyway..I don't need to tell all the steps, but looks like UKBA is really made rude mistakes and now, they crossed the acceptable limit of common sense: Immigration police arrested him accomplishing the commandment of a judge. As last resource they show all the documents such as wedding certificate, the son itself...everuthing, but the police said: Sorry ! we are just accomplishing a commandment.

Ok, the lawyer is working on it and everything will be fine. But I'd like to share some thoughts regarding this incident and particularly I'm interested to know what will be the consequences for the government. What will be the next steps to make the government pay for this free brutality ??? How much you believe that they can reach as compensation for this ??? ty !!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: A friend of mine got arrested - Spouse and Son are Itali

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:30 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rvalk
Newly Registered

Post by rvalk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:54 pm

CR001 wrote:Difference case or same?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1246731

different ! the link you place is my case...this new scenario is from a friend of mine. happened 2 hours ago.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:32 pm

He's Brazilian and was asked "When did you left Africa ?" :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:42 pm

Casa wrote:He's Brazilian and was asked "When did you left Africa ?" :?
Not the first case of mistaken identity on the part of police & involving a Brazilian national:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4711021.stm
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

rvalk
Newly Registered

Post by rvalk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:45 pm

Yep ! Looks like UKBA has no records regarding his entrance in UK, so they deduced that he arrived here behind a truck trough Calais. Don't ask me for details...this is messy enough

But he got his entry in a very regular way and have proofs, anyway
Last edited by rvalk on Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rvalk
Newly Registered

Post by rvalk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:49 pm

noajthan wrote:
Not the first case of mistaken identity on the part of police & involving a Brazilian national:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4711021.stm
Yep..but Jean Charles case was't a migration case. Scotland Yard shoot the wrong guy :( Still bad indeed ! very sad ! also, Jean Charles decided to escape because he taught that's was about your ilegal situation in UK, but Scotland Yard was trying to arrest a hijacker if I can remember well.