ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa - UKBA contact and escalation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Daywalkr

UK Spouse Visa - UKBA contact and escalation

Post by Daywalkr » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:27 pm

Hello,

Well i have been through this forum million times and came across two things which many people had mentioned in their posts.

One is they escalated their visa process - I have no idea how do they do it. Every time i ask for escalation the UKBA reply back me with the standard automated kind of reply. So actually they just only check ur application is on what stage and that's it. They do not reply to your requests or any other queries. The only possible way to contact UKBA is to use this form

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

So seriously i do not understand how people say they escalated their cases even before 12 weeks period.

Secondly, You may call them using telephone nos provided on GOV.UK website.
One option is u can call them if u r inside uk ... that no. is 0300 123 2241
other option is , if u r from outside uk ...and the nos provided are 00 44 1243 217 905, 00 44 1243 218 119

well i tried both options ..
when u call them using 0300 123 2241, they do not even accept to take ur GWF no, or passport no. because they said they can not tell us about the status of the visa application.. nor they take any requests from you. They are available to help u if u r having some difficulty or seeking some help.. Thats it...

and if u call them using 00 44 1243 217 905, 00 44 1243 218 119

so its just a advisory service ...and they do not even know ur status or find it out for u..

So could anyone please tell me how did they manage to escalate their cases even before 12 weeks time ??
where did they contact ukba or atleast where did they put a request for escalation?

Many thanks

PS : Yes , we can trace the application status by sending them email using form on the above link provided.. so i m not looking forward for this reply.

Daywalkr

Re: UK Spouse Visa - UKBA contact and escalation

Post by Daywalkr » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:30 am

Well got no reply from anybody..
But here is the good news that i got the visa yesterday..
Actually you can escalate your case by emailing them using the form on gov.uk and there must be a very strong reason for that...In my case my wife was pregnant and they did actually escalate it just to process my application within 60 days..I sent them email on 22/1/2016
and they processed it just within 3 days.. Received passport with visa on 4/2/2016 from gerry's Islamabad Pakistan.
Thanks to all members n moderators of this forum ..

Daywalkr

Post by Daywalkr » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Please do not send me private messages..I do not have access to them..
If anyone wants to ask anything or to say something then please post it here..

Many Thanks

faisal1983

Post by faisal1983 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:44 am

hey can u tell me how exactly u escalated i call them twice and emailed them bunch of times they keep saying wait a few more days. i gave my case at 20/10/2015 and still we haven't heard from them.
tnx

Daywalkr

Post by Daywalkr » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:47 pm

Hi,

Well Faisal you can escalate it by sending them email using the email form on

And please bear it in ur mind that they are not going to send you the email confirming that your case is escalated. You will just get the some standard email or a update but actually they do it at their side.
I only believe they do it if u have a strong reason for escalation..in my case my wife was pregnant and have a pregnancy complication..she has to go for regular checks and she needs someone to be with her..

By looking at ur timeline which says that u got a ihs refund is a sign of bad news .. i m afraid your application has been refused..

PS : Here escalation is discussed for within 60 working days applications to be processed.

faisal1983

Post by faisal1983 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:16 pm

hi thank you for the response and i gave my case on 20/10/2015 and on 10/11/2015 i got an email on my old case email adresse saying the old case with the old case number has been refused here's ur ihs money refunded i emailed them bunch of times telling them about the situation and they just kept saying its because of the old case so im confused what to do. its not fair i should be punished for others mistake :cry:

Daywalkr

Post by Daywalkr » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:07 pm

Well faisal i think in this case u should check ur account statement.
If it shows ur ihs payment is returned then forget the case no. It clearly means your application is unsuccessful unfortunately. I guess its better to start a new thread in which you can address your refusal reasons for the first application.
Members n moderators will help you out as much as they can.

AmanDandoo
Newly Registered

Post by AmanDandoo » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:56 pm

I emailed them and this is the reply ive got.

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
service.

I understand you have been waiting for long and apologise for any
inconveniences. We have received a response from the decision making
centre, following your request for information on the status of your visa
application which states as follows:

" As advised the processing of the application has not been
straightforward. We continue to work on the application and will make a
decision as soon as possible. ".

You are requested to be patient and wait for the processing to be completed

Now im so worried
I know people who submitted in cases after me and have had ther replies ages ago
Ive been waiting for nearly 5 months now.
Ive started to loose hope.
Plz pray for me

John Green

Post by John Green » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:20 pm

When I was outside the UK, I sent them an email query. This is a new service apparently. And they did not answer my question in their reply. They gave an answer anyone could give.

Back in the UK, I again emailed them about 2 weeks ago. I got an email to acknowledge they had received the email. Their email contained a list of "frequently asked questions." But it did not include an answer my own query. So far, still waiting to see if they bother to reply to this email.

Daywalkr

Post by Daywalkr » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:17 pm

@john

They will always send you the standard emails. So do not expect them to answer ur query. To get answer for query call their international enquiry helpline. May be they can help.
They only can give u update on ur visa application.(using email form on gov.uk)

Thanks

John Green

Post by John Green » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:39 am

It wasn't an update on a visa. Just an enquiry before a visa is filled out.

From what one of the posters here said, the 0300 number they give is not freephone (premium rate?) and when you eventually get through they are hardly helpful. ("Indeed calling them would be easier, I did this and they told me to write to them.")

Is the telephone number you are thinking of the same one they give here:

Telephone: 0300 123 2241
Textphone: 0800 389 8289 (what is textphone?)

Daywalkr

Post by Daywalkr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:45 am

well john trust me its really hard to get answer from ukba. there is no other way to contact them, so plz try ur luck with the phone service.

Many thanks

John Green

Post by John Green » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:49 am

You might expect though if they also give an email contact address, they would give answers that way also. UKVI don't get good marks for communication, that's for sure.

Maybe someone here can help. I did ask before, but somehow it all fizzled out without any sort of resolution.

Basically, to get permanent UK settlement the spouse of myself has to live here for 5 years. According to my reading of the information, she can apply for UK citizenship 3 years before she actually gets it. This means that she will be living here for 2 years before she can apply for citizenship.

During this first 2 years, she is subject to the looser UK residency rules, and not the stricter ones if she wants to apply for UK citizenship after she has been here for 2 years. So in the 2 years she can more easily visit her family and friends outside the UK than is possible later if she applies for citizenship. I know that the UK citizenship application residency rules are tighter (ie she can only leave the UK for shorter periods.) than if she has not interest in UK citizenship.

Is this accurate please?

AmanDandoo
Newly Registered

Post by AmanDandoo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:27 pm

Hi ive just ran that number
0300 123 2241

I gave them my wifes details and they said that there is no current update could this mean that they havent even looked at the case yet its been nearly 5 months now.

Daywalkr

Post by Daywalkr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:34 pm

@aman

Please use this email form to get latest update on ur visa application.

Thanks

John Green

Post by John Green » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:32 pm

Sadly, that's the one I used myself when I was out of the UK. As previously stated, their reply was less than informative. They sent me a survey form shortly thereafter and you can guess the scores I gave them and my comments on the level of service proffered!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:51 pm

John Green wrote:You might expect though if they also give an email contact address, they would give answers that way also. UKVI don't get good marks for communication, that's for sure.

Maybe someone here can help. I did ask before, but somehow it all fizzled out without any sort of resolution.

Basically, to get permanent UK settlement the spouse of myself has to live here for 5 years. According to my reading of the information, she can apply for UK citizenship 3 years before she actually gets it. This means that she will be living here for 2 years before she can apply for citizenship.

During this first 2 years, she is subject to the looser UK residency rules, and not the stricter ones if she wants to apply for UK citizenship after she has been here for 2 years. So in the 2 years she can more easily visit her family and friends outside the UK than is possible later if she applies for citizenship. I know that the UK citizenship application residency rules are tighter (ie she can only leave the UK for shorter periods.) than if she has not interest in UK citizenship.

Is this accurate please?
You seem to be confused about the route to British citizenship.
Initial spouse visa = 2.5 years
First extension FLR(M) - a further 2,5 years
At the end of the 5 year period SET(M) - ILR (Permanent settlement)
If she is married to a British citizen she would be able to apply immediately after being granted ILR.
Although the Regulations state that she will qualify for BC after 3 years of legal residence, she requires ILR first. This means that the shortest route to BC is 5 years.
You've also misunderstood the permitted periods of absence for BC. In the 12 months before submitting her BC application she can't be absent for more than 90 days.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.