ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

long term recidency in ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jisean
Newly Registered

long term recidency in ireland

Post by jisean » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:09 am

Hi everybody, i m been living in ireland for last 5 years, 2 years ago i got married and my wife is irish citizen, thats how i got stamp 4. i held this for last 2 year. but i have to go once a year to immigration office to renue it! does anybody know how can i get an long term recidency or when can i apply for irish passport? or anyother way to get unlimited visa? thanks.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:53 am

You should have been issued with a 5 year Stamp 4 visa, not a 1 year one. Usually this is issued for shorter periods if you passport will expire before the 5 year period.

You can apply for LTR or Citizenship but applications for both take 2/3 years. Read any of the many posts in this section for information on how to apply, and waiting times.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: long term recidency in ireland

Post by mktsoi » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:14 pm

jisean wrote:Hi everybody, i m been living in ireland for last 5 years, 2 years ago i got married and my wife is irish citizen, thats how i got stamp 4. i held this for last 2 year. but i have to go once a year to immigration office to renue it! does anybody know how can i get an long term recidency or when can i apply for irish passport? or anyother way to get unlimited visa? thanks.
You have a stamp 4 is better and need to go renew every year is better then most of the people here already in this forum. i dont know the stamp 4 you got is based on your marriage to irish national or you have been here for 5 years in this country. the only info i have for long term residence for this country is for worker. if you have been into this country work for 5 years. you can apply for long term residence. you have to write to the immigration section to apply and send in all you work permit(copy) to them as well. they will count every single day. if you dont have 5 years working all together. they will give you a rejection letter.

i applied for the long term residence last november. they told me it takes about 24 weeks to process. it has been almost a year now. i am still waiting. i phoned them last week and checked on the status of the application. they told me that they still processing the application that they have received in JULY 2007. the lady i spoke to over the phone was so kind that she told me she can even send me a letter to confirm it. i got a letter in the post last friday and telling me exactly what she told me over the phone!!!!!!! what a waste of time. instead of sending out the letter to me. they could have just use the time to process the application. anyway, if i were you, just go renew your stamp 4 every year instead of trying to get the long term residence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ac3340
Newly Registered

LTR

Post by ac3340 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:40 am

heard there is now a secret agenda in DOJ, They deliberately delaying the processing of Long Term Residency applications for 2 +years I guess they want to bring in some new legislation

And further more rang up the migrant support asked them can they find out why does it this long process, or where is this statistics published in regards to the no application received and processed that’s only way to find out this office is closed or still in business
Guess what the reply I got “we can help you type a letter if call to usâ€

irish_ruskei
Newly Registered

Post by irish_ruskei » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:24 pm

Hi, we are wondering? I'm Irish, my wife is Russian. We got married in the UK in 2004, we were living in Ireland at the time and still are but went upto N.I to marry--its faster and easier.
My wife was issued a Stamp 4 about 2 weeks later (in Cork) valid for 5 years (until 2009) She also got a multi entry D-spouse of Irish visa (valid to same time as the Stamp 4)
We have been told we cannot get an EU FAM because they don't issue them to non-E.U spouses of Irish nationals. We want my wife to be able to travel visa free to other E.U states in line with directive 2004/38/ec but we are being told that she needs an EU FAM to do that! But isn't a 5 year Stamp 4 also a long term residence card? The Migrants Rights Centre have posted on their site under Long Term Residency that "If granted long-term residency, you must bring your reply letter from the DoJELR to the GNIB or local immigration officer and ask them to change the stamp in your passport to a Stamp 4"......but my wife has a stamp 4 and they are still saying this is not a residency card?
Any info very welcome!