ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 General Visa Redundancy_relocation cost

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prat_123
Newly Registered

TIER 2 General Visa Redundancy_relocation cost

Post by prat_123 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Hello Friends,

Can anybody please assist me in knowing whether companies are bound to pay relocation packages also to Redundant employees working under Tier 2 visas?? I am inquiring this because in general redundant Tier 2 visa employees who donot get another job within approx 60 days period needs to leave UK. This will lead to lot of expenses, for eg, booking flight tickets, transporting home stuff, etc. The employee is forced to relocate because of the redundancy, so i assume the company should arrange a relocation cost to the affected employees. I would be grateful if anybody can advise on this.
Thanks
Prat

justdopposite

Re: TIER 2 General Visa Redundancy_relocation cost

Post by justdopposite » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:31 pm

Not sure if you're aware of the statutory redundancy pay.

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-redundancy-pay

prat_123
Newly Registered

Post by prat_123 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:23 pm

justdopposite wrote:Not sure if you're aware of the statutory redundancy pay.

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-redundancy-pay
Hello,

Yes i am aware of this, this is the redundancy pay that an employee must receive. My doubt is for Tier 2 redundant employees, as they will be forced to exit UK if unable to find a job within 60 days. The employee indirectly is forced to relocate because of the companies action, so the company should pay for relocation charges. Is'nt that so??

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:10 pm

Relocation expenses are purely based on company's policy. Some companies pay it, some do not. I don't think there is any written rule for this in home office books.

If there is no policy on this in your organisation, maybe its worthwhile to try negotiating with them on the amount (or a part of it).

prat_123
Newly Registered

Post by prat_123 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:42 pm

ok thanks a lot for your response!

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:56 am

Not sure about relocation cost, but your employer should pay the notice period amount. If your notice period is 3 months and you are made redundant on the first day of 3 months, then they should pay 3 months salary. I think it's available in your company policy and Tier 2 guideline as well.