ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Query on Bank Statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

freetomingle

EC Query on Bank Statements

Post by freetomingle » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:08 am

Hi,

I have been a student in the UK from February 2007 onwards.

I got HSMP approval in September 2007 and will be applying for EC in December as I have not completed my course.

I cliamed my points for earnings for the period: DECEMBER 2005 - NOVEMBER 2006 (I was working full-time then under the Working Holiday Visa).

Now when I submit my bank statements for EC now, will I have to submit my current bank statements (June - November 2007) or the bank statements for the period I claimed points (December 2005 - November 2006).

Please kindly clarify.

Thanks

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:53 am

I am not in UK yet, but you can check web site.
Normally they asks for Latest 3 months Bank statement, if they are asking to provide all HSMP documents as well ,then you need to provide bank statements for that period too.

Hope this helps.
Kaff

vyliss
Newly Registered

Post by vyliss » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:23 am

3 months bank statements should be fine for EC, as long as it showed your account was active and have some good balance..

freetomingle

Post by freetomingle » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:08 am

Hi,

Thanks.

When I got HSMP Approval I did not submit any bank statement to the Home Office. I only submitted my pay-slips and letter from employer and got approval based on that. So should I need to submit these old statements.

Please help

Kaff wrote:I am not in UK yet, but you can check web site.
Normally they asks for Latest 3 months Bank statement, if they are asking to provide all HSMP documents as well ,then you need to provide bank statements for that period too.

Hope this helps.

freetomingle

Post by freetomingle » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:25 am

When I got HSMP Approval I did not submit any bank statement to the Home Office. I only submitted my pay-slips and letter from employer and got approval based on that. So should I need to submit these old statements.

I have my current bank statements as well for the past 6 months. But the problem is it has a rather high balanace of around £6000. Now I have been a student in UK for the past 7 months or so and will the ECO suspect that I have worked more than 20 hours and earned this income. Also in the months of June - August there have been credits of £1000 every month.

I was planning to get my dad act as my sponsor and show his assets and bank statments instead which are in excess of £15,000.

What do you all suggest as I do not want to get into trouble.

I would appreciate a response as soon as possible.

Thanks

vyliss wrote:3 months bank statements should be fine for EC, as long as it showed your account was active and have some good balance..

pktamil2007

Is a stamp or signature of Bank required on the statements

Post by pktamil2007 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:55 am

Hi,

Since this thread talks about bank statements for EC, I am posting here itself. I would be submitting printed online pages of bank statement for the past 6 months for filing EC. Do I need to get some stamp or signature of the bank for verification?

pktamil2007

Anyone having sent printed online stmts?

Post by pktamil2007 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:11 pm

Hi,

related to my query, can anyone please post if they have sent their online bank stmts for EC, if so, have they got signature of bank, is it necessary?