ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Extension Rule

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a87m
- thin ice -

Tier 2 General Extension Rule

Post by a87m » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:54 am

Hi Gurus

I want am on Tier 2 General Visa and my leave will expire in March 2017. Is it possible to apply for an early extension via experianced salary route via my sponsor? What do the rules say about this?

Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 General Extension Rule

Post by iworker » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:59 am

you can apply whenever u want. obviously if u apply too early, then your visa expiry date will be early as well. but there is nothing stopping u from applying even today, provided u have a valid cos.

jill
Newly Registered

Post by jill » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:37 pm

I have inadvertently assigned a CoS to an employee who's Visa doesn't expire until early February 2017. We have no other allocations and I'm concerned that if I ask for an additional allocation it may not be granted. The live CoS expires towards the end of July 2016 which is just over 5 months before his Visa runs out. Can he apply for an extension before the CoS expires? I have been in touch with the helpdesk and they say the action cannot be reverted to give me back the allocation! Help I'm really stressing!!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:48 am

Yes he can apply and will not be a problem.
if you want more allocation because u want to hire more people, u can request for more allocation.
if the new allocation u want is for the same employee and u are concerned he is applying too early, i would suggest that he should apply now as the rules on pay scales are changing in autumn, so he is better off applying earlier than later

jill
Newly Registered

Post by jill » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:47 am

Thank you very much, I have been so worried. I'm assuming as this will be a general extension and not entry level the higher salary will come in to force? Can you advise where I can see the new rules on pay scale. Thanks again for your help.

jill
Newly Registered

Post by jill » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:23 am

iworker wrote:Yes he can apply and will not be a problem.
if you want more allocation because u want to hire more people, u can request for more allocation.
if the new allocation u want is for the same employee and u are concerned he is applying too early, i would suggest that he should apply now as the rules on pay scales are changing in autumn, so he is better off applying earlier than later
I have just received a response from a website where you pay to have immigration questions answered (for a small fee) and they have said the visa cannot be renewed earlier than 28 days before expiry, I'm confused and worried again now! I just can't find any clarification on the Gov website :(

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:10 am

like i said, u can apply anytime u want.
experienced salary will need to paid as per your relevant soc code. search for soc code list on ukvi website.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:27 pm

Perhaps you should ask for a refund. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jill
Newly Registered

Post by jill » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:59 pm

Thanks Guys. I'm not bothered about a refund as it's my fault, it's just that they're quoting 18 weeks before issuing additional allocations so I'd rather use the one that assigned to the employee before it expires. Thanks for all your help.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:29 pm

jill wrote:Thanks Guys. I'm not bothered about a refund as it's my fault, it's just that they're quoting 18 weeks before issuing additional allocations so I'd rather use the one that assigned to the employee before it expires. Thanks for all your help.
I was referring the website that charges a fee for immigration advice. I assume they don't guarantee it's correct! :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.