ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General dependent - clarity on tenancy agreement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pree247
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier 2 General dependent - clarity on tenancy agreement

Post by Pree247 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have looked multiple posts on this but there is no satisfying answer. I entered the country in Sep 2015 on Tier 2 General and now looking to apply dependent visa for my husband.
I have seen multiple threads where people are mentioning about Tenancy agreement. I am staying with a family and will continue staying here once my husband arrives so not sure if Tenancy agreement is really a necessity. I could not find it as a mandatory document on UKBA site.
Please help me by validating below document checklist-
Applicant Documents
1. Completed and singed Application Form
2. 2 recent photographs
3. Passport
4. Tuberculosis Test Certificate
5. Marriage Certificate
6. VAC appointment confirmation notice
7. Confirmation on IHS payment

Main Applicant Documents
1. Passport - Copy
2. Biometric Residence Permit - Copy
3. Maintenance Requirement for Dependent - 3 months bank statement and payslips
4. CoS copy and Company offer letter copy(though not mention on UKBA)
5. Invitation Letter

Regards,
Pree247

sunny007
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General dependent - clarity on tenancy agreement

Post by sunny007 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:06 pm

Pree247 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have looked multiple posts on this but there is no satisfying answer. I entered the country in Sep 2015 on Tier 2 General and now looking to apply dependent visa for my husband.
I have seen multiple threads where people are mentioning about Tenancy agreement. I am staying with a family and will continue staying here once my husband arrives so not sure if Tenancy agreement is really a necessity. I could not find it as a mandatory document on UKBA site.
Please help me by validating below document checklist-
Applicant Documents
1. Completed and singed Application Form
2. 2 recent photographs
3. Passport
4. Tuberculosis Test Certificate
5. Marriage Certificate ( if its not in English then also translate and attestation is required )
6. VAC appointment confirmation notice
7. Confirmation on IHS payment

Main Applicant Documents
1. Passport - Copy ( Attested by solicitor )
2. Biometric Residence Permit - Copy ( Attested by solicitor )
3. Maintenance Requirement for Dependent - 3 months bank statement and payslips ( make sure the exact minimum amount as per UKBA is in your account for 90days )
4. CoS copy and Company offer letter copy(though not mention on UKBA)
5. Invitation Letter

Also try to provide some documents that shows that relationship is subsisting , like following documents :
Bank transfer money ( for last 6 months ) if you have,
Skype , viber , whatsapp chat history ( if you have one )
Mobile bills ( highlight the numbers )
I've seen many application has been rejected just because of no evidence is provide with application that relationship is subsisting.

And Yes for tenancy agreement is necessary if you have a child, you can take a letter from family that they have enough space for you and your husband if you can , other wise many people get the visa just for one dependent without tenancy agreement , it is up to you.

Regards,
Pree247

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi,

Tenancy Agreement is not a mandatory document in applying Tier 2 dependent visa so do not worry about that.

Apologise, to ask but what is you Husband Nationality? If he is from Pakistan then you need to submit the marriage certificate issued by Nadra which contains information in both Urdu and English language and is the only document accepted by UKVI as a proof of marriage.

It would be good if you could include some of your wedding photographs.

Thanks,
Hassan

Pree247
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Pree247 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:54 pm

Thanks for the replies. My husband is from India and our marriage certificate is in English, i think we should be covered in that aspect. We do not have any child so not sure how to proceed further :?

dheeraj1025
United Kingdom

Post by dheeraj1025 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:22 pm

My wife has applied from India for Tier 2 Partner visa. We have not submitted any Tenancy Agreement. But her application is sucessfully, by the way she applied in march 2015.

So, No need of Tenancy Agreement.

kashish
India

Post by kashish » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:28 am

Pree247 wrote:Thanks for the replies. My husband is from India and our marriage certificate is in English, i think we should be covered in that aspect. We do not have any child so not sure how to proceed further :?
Hey, Iam in Same boat as you, did your husband apply for the dependent visa yet without rent agreement?

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi,

My Wife and 3 children applied for dependent VISA in November 2015 without tenanacy agreement and VISA applications were successful.

All I mentioned in my letter was that I am sponsoring my wife and 3 children for accomodation, and all other living requirements like health, food etc. I also mentioned in letter that I am looking for 3 bedroom house for my family where they will live.

There is a logical reason to not rent a house before VISA application is accepted, but it's important to show enough funds in bank statement to prove that accomodation is affordable.

I hope it will help many people to get the idea.

Thanks,
Masood Ahmed

Pree247
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Pree247 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:28 pm

Thanks guys..
Is it mandatory to get the Main applicant's passport and BRM copy attested by Solicitor?

Regards,
Prees247