ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-country switch from Tier 2 General to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Andy12
Mood:
India

In-country switch from Tier 2 General to Tier 2 General

Post by Andy12 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:37 am

Dear all,

Hope you all are having a good day.

I am particularly interested to hear from anyone who has knowledge on, or has gone through the process below:

1. Switched to a Tier 2 General visa within UK without experiencing RLMT - as their previous visa category (such as Tier 1 PSW) allowed them to have an exemption to RLMT - and their employer assigned them an unrestricted CoS

2. Now s/he wants to change employer - one who is ready to sponsor.

Concern is : 1. From the https://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/personnel/pe ... llocation/ documentation I understand an RLMT is needed now. Is my understanding correct?

2. Here what gets confusing - do I need an unrestricted CoS or a Restricted one? In other words, can I make this switch within UK like the last time or do I need to go back to my home country and get a new entry clearance?

Please help me understand, and guide me towards the UKVI documentation providing statements clarifying this scenario.

Kindest regards
Andy

justdopposite

Re: In-country switch from Tier 2 General to Tier 2 General

Post by justdopposite » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:28 pm

1. Yes, you need RLMT unless your job is in shortage occupation list.
2. unrestricted CoS and you can make the switch within UK. see https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa