ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family to Apply for Permanent Residence Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

themoviejerk
Newly Registered

EEA Family to Apply for Permanent Residence Card

Post by themoviejerk » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:34 pm

Hello, good people.

I'm looking to get some good advise regarding my current matter.

I currently hold a Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National, with a Philippine passport. Prior to procuring my residence card, I held a Student Visa for 4 years and completed my graduate education in the UK.

By July 2016, I will have completed my five years residence under this permit, with a total of 9 years stay in the UK. I believe, by then, I am qualified to apply for the Permanent Residence Card.

My partner (he's Czech) and I have been living together ever since we had our partnership, both well and settled, and rents a house from a private landlord.

I work as a Video Editor for a creative agency, a full-time and permanent employment with mid-senior level of salary. I'm pretty much settled here, so I can provide all necessary documents.

I would welcome your advise as to which best route should I apply for, whether it's for Permanent Residence Card or Indefinite Leave to Remain, and how would it impact my settlement in the UK.

Thank you, and look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Best,

Janz

noajthan

Re: EEA Family to Apply for Permanent Residence Card

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:09 pm

themoviejerk wrote:Hello, good people.

I'm looking to get some good advise regarding my current matter.

I currently hold a Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National, with a Philippine passport. Prior to procuring my residence card, I held a Student Visa for 4 years and completed my graduate education in the UK.

By July 2016, I will have completed my five years residence under this permit, with a total of 9 years stay in the UK. I believe, by then, I am qualified to apply for the Permanent Residence Card.

My partner (he's Czech) and I have been living together ever since we had our partnership, both well and settled, and rents a house from a private landlord.

I work as a Video Editor for a creative agency, a full-time and permanent employment with mid-senior level of salary. I'm pretty much settled here, so I can provide all necessary documents.

I would welcome your advise as to which best route should I apply for, whether it's for Permanent Residence Card or Indefinite Leave to Remain, and how would it impact my settlement in the UK.

Thank you, and look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Best,
Janz
If you apply under EU route it is your partner's economic activity that counts;
(your activity is, in immigration terms, immaterial).

Has partner been exercising treaty rights continuously as a 'qualified person' (eg worker, self-employed, etc) for 5 years?
(ie whilst you resided in UK & sustained the relationship)

If in an unmarried relationship you will be an extended family member of your EEA sponsor.
Are you able to demonstrate a durable & sustained relationship 'akin to marriage'?

Also have any absences (for both of you) from UK remained within prescribed limits?

It is immaterial how you get settled status (by ILR or as PR);
once you have it you need to hold it 12 months before shooting for privilege of citizenship.

Mabuhay!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

cafeconleche

Re: EEA Family to Apply for Permanent Residence Card

Post by cafeconleche » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:52 pm

PR is a whole lot cheaper than ILR, if that's any help, so you'd save a tonne of money by sticking to that route!