ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (LR) - to pay taxes

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jimtoole
BANNED

FLR (LR) - to pay taxes

Post by jimtoole » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:08 pm

Dear Gurus,

Can anyone apply for FLR LR on the basis of amending his incorrect tax returns while English language and LIUK are in place. As I have heard from someone that if you have a unspent minor conviction you can apply for FLR *LR to spend it.

Waiting for your kind response.

Kind Regards,
Its hard to beat a person that never gives up.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (LR) - to pay taxes

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:13 pm

jimtoole wrote:Dear Gurus,

Can anyone apply for FLR LR on the basis of amending his incorrect tax returns while English language and LIUK are in place. As I have heard from someone that if you have a unspent minor conviction you can apply for FLR *LR to spend it.

Kind Regards,
What exacly do you mean by 'apply for FLR *LR to spend it.' :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jimtoole
BANNED

Post by jimtoole » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi Casa,

Its referring to e.g. if you have a driving offence of driving without insurance that will be counted as spent in next 1 year but you have allready lived in UK lawfully for 10 years you could apply FLR (LR) in order to get time to get that conviction spent (not sure if true or not).

My question is can paying correct taxes become a basis for applying FLR LR.

Thanks
Casa wrote:
jimtoole wrote:Dear Gurus,

Kind Regards,
What exacly do you mean by 'apply for FLR *LR to spend it.' :?:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:39 pm

My understanding is that FLR(LR) was introduced solely to enable those who were unable to meet the English language rules to extend their stay. Not in order to avoid an ILR refusal due to tax discrepancies or an unspent conviction.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jimtoole
BANNED

Post by jimtoole » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:09 pm

Thanks for your response Casa. I had searched and found the same result but someone gave false hope that there is a loophole or something but seems No use crying over spilt milk.
Casa wrote:My understanding is that FLR(LR) was introduced solely to enable those who were unable to meet the English language rules to extend their stay. Not in order to avoid an ILR refusal due to tax discrepancies or an unspent conviction.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:20 pm

jimtoole wrote:Thanks for your response Casa. I had searched and found the same result but someone gave false hope that there is a loophole or something but seems No use crying over spilt milk.
Casa wrote:My understanding is that FLR(LR) was introduced solely to enable those who were unable to meet the English language rules to extend their stay. Not in order to avoid an ILR refusal due to tax discrepancies or an unspent conviction.
HO are rapidly closing or have closed all the loopholes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.