ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Apply in Person exclusions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yogesh_81
India

ILR Apply in Person exclusions

Post by yogesh_81 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Hello All,

The guidance notes of the SET(O) mention the following for the applying in person (Section 13)

The premium service is not available for applications as a businessperson, innovator, investor,
self-employed lawyer, Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) migrant, Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant or Tier 1 (Investor) migrant or on the grounds of long residence; or where you have spent part of your time in the Crown Dependencies – Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Sark, Alderney.

My query is in regards to the bold part above. What is the interpretation of spent part of your time? Does this take into consideration any visits as a tourist you've have had in the Crown dependencies OR is it only for work related purposes you've lived there?

Hope someone can help clarify this. I am on a Tier 1 (General) visa and happened to visit the islands - Jersey and Guernsey once as a tourist. I have booked my premium service appointment for this Sat (23rd).

Thanks,
Y

secret.simon

Re: ILR Apply in Person exclusions

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:24 pm

Visits are fine. I have been on trips to the Isle of Man (when on my PBS work visa), which I declared in my application as absences from the UK.

If you were to claim time spent in the Crown Dependencies (The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) for immigration purposes (for instance, if you spent two out of five years for a job in a Crown Dependency), you would not be eligible for same day/premium service.

The Crown Dependencies are separate jurisdictions for both taxation and immigration purposes and UKV&I would need to liaise with government agencies there to verify your details, which would not be possible in a same day premium service.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

yogesh_81
India

Re: ILR Apply in Person exclusions

Post by yogesh_81 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Thanks a ton for your response & clarification. Appreciate it :)

Yes, just had trips in Jersey & Guernsey which I will mention as absences from the UK. Never worked there.

Basically I was confused whether I should fill anything in Section 6.9 till 6.11 which I believe not, as it only relates to work related reasons.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Y