ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Stamp Date - Postal Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AML2015

ILR Stamp Date - Postal Application

Post by AML2015 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:25 am

Hello All

I am in a doubt, but hopefully people who have already received their ILR's could help me clear it.

If you apply for ILR using the postal application route, and once it is approved, what is the start date mentioned on the BRP when you receive it?

1. Is the start date mentioned from the date when your T1 General visa ran out ?
or
2. Is it from the date when the HO has approved your application (could be a few months after you have posted it)

My visa runs out on 04 March 2016, and I plan to post my application on 01 March 2016. Just wanted to confirm what would be the start date on my ILR BRP card once they issue the visa. Would it be from 04 March 2016?

The reason I ask is because if they dont issue it from the date of your T1 G expiry then it would add another few months towards your naturalization period to cover the time they took to decide on your ILR application.

Hope to receive some thoughts.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Stamp Date - Postal Application

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:32 am

2. Is it from the date when the HO has approved your application (could be a few months after you have posted it)
This one.
My visa runs out on 04 March 2016, and I plan to post my application on 01 March 2016. Just wanted to confirm what would be the start date on my ILR BRP card once they issue the visa. Would it be from 04 March 2016?
No.
The reason I ask is because if they dont issue it from the date of your T1 G expiry then it would add another few months towards your naturalization period to cover the time they took to decide
That is what happens when you apply by post. If you want a decision to be in line with your expiry, apply in person.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AML2015

Re: ILR Stamp Date - Postal Application

Post by AML2015 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:20 am

Thanks CR001.