ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Timing advise

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eddybaloch

Passport Application Timing advise

Post by eddybaloch » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:29 am

Hi,

I got my British citizenship approval letter today and have arranged for a private ceremony tomorrow afternoon. I am aware of the new rule which requires me to return my BRP. I will apply for my passport tomorrow afternoon as well.

I will have exactly 3 weeks from next week before I have travel. From your experience how likely it is that I will receive my passport in time?

Thanks,
Eddy B.

tripping

Re: Passport Application Timing advise

Post by tripping » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:41 pm

You have to factor in the passport interview as well after you have submitted the passport application. The whole passport process including the interview and actual receipt of passport was just over 2 weeks for me, it that helps. From what Ive read, it varies with each application, the guidance says to allow up to 6 weeks. Hopefully the 3 weeks you have will be enough, good luck mate!!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:55 pm

eddybaloch wrote:...

From your experience how likely it is that I will receive my passport in time?

Thanks,
Eddy B.
2 experiences (early last year):
1st straightforward - approx 4 weeks end-to-end; (during normal time of year, no holiday periods etc);

2nd (with complications): 4 months +

Your mileage may vary.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:49 pm

I find it astonishing that it can take so long, I'm wondering if HMPO is chronically underfunded or there are just constantly thousands of people applying for passports.

I need to apply for a Finnish passport, must be done at the embassy in London. You complete a simple form and give fingerprints and the passport will arrive (from Finland) in 5-7 days. Strangely there is a slightly more expensive fast track service if you can't wait that long!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:07 am

ohara wrote:I find it astonishing that it can take so long, I'm wondering if HMPO is chronically underfunded or there are just constantly thousands of people applying for passports.

I need to apply for a Finnish passport, must be done at the embassy in London. You complete a simple form and give fingerprints and the passport will arrive (from Finland) in 5-7 days. Strangely there is a slightly more expensive fast track service if you can't wait that long!
There is a fast track or even same day service (done within 4 hours) for British Passports, but they are not available services for first time passport applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.